Are there any 100% potato chips to buy?

slimming

Hello again :D

I love slimming world chips!

But being lazy - i just wanted to know, do tesco/asda/etc sell any 100% potato frozen chips.

Maybe ones that are supposed to be used in a deep-fat-fryer could just be sprayed and cooked in the oven?

Our asda is quite small - so i couldnt see any, but im sure someone on here has already had the idea and found them if its possible!

Thanks guys. This forum is amazing. You've ruined my browser favorites - as i've had to bookmark 1000s of posts that i've been reading. lol. :love047:

Yes. They are called potatoes!

Sorry.

Seriously, I have never seen the point of frozen oven chips. It takes no more time to cut up a potato and put it into a dish with a squirt of frylight, than it does to go to the freezer and cut open a packet. And it is soooooo much cheaper.

Why don't you do a whole batch of potatoes where you peel and cut them and then freeze them in batches. Then they will be ready for you on those days where you are feeling "lazy". I know how you feel as sometimes I feel the same about prepping the chips - I sometimes don't bother peeling and have wedges instead!

xx

Or you can have the McCains Rustic Oven Chips with skins on at 100g frozen weight for 1 syn.

Back