Are there any lean minced beef that are under 5% fat?

I'm trying to find a minced beef that is under 5% fat. I know Asda frozen lean minced beef is 8% and Tesco frozen light choices minced beef is 7.4%

Does anyone know of one that comes in at 5% or under?

I've tried Quorn mince and despite liking their burgers and sausages this was gross!

Hiya hun!

Tescos, asda and morrisons do an extra lean mince which is 5% fat! It does cost a little more but its defo worth it! I use it to make burgers for the BBq and add S+p onioin and herbs! OH likes chilli flakes in his 2!

hope that helps

xxxxxxxxx

Hiya hun!

Tescos, asda and morrisons do an extra lean mince which is 5% fat! It does cost a little more but its defo worth it! I use it to make burgers for the BBq and add S+p onioin and herbs! OH likes chilli flakes in his 2!

hope that helps

xxxxxxxxx

Oooh, great - thank you!

Are they fresh rather than frozen then? I've looked in Asda and Tesco (frozen) and can't find one less than 5%.

Oooh, great - thank you!

Are they fresh rather than frozen then? I've looked in Asda and Tesco (frozen) and can't find one less than 5%.

I never find any frozen ones! They are usually just lean and not under the 5% rule!

They ae in the fresh isle and some times asda sell out cos its popular! Tescos are doing 2 packs for a fiver at mo tho

xxxxxxxx

Loool glad to be of assistance xxxx

Asda works out at 3.5% per 100g and Tesco 4.3% per 100g (might not be exact, just remembering from what i wrote on the freezer bags! lol). Its the extra lean stuff. Asda do it2 for £5. As there is only 2 of us in our house, i divide each pack in 2 and freeze it. I too make burgers. DH has cheap pre-made ones and i save these ones for me! lol

ETA - just looked on Asda online, They advertise it as being 3% when pan fried. Dont know if that includes oil or not. Am going to write to Asda because i think their foods should advertise what the nutrition is raw, not when cooked how they suggest,

Asda works out at 3.5% per 100g and Tesco 4.3% per 100g (might not be exact, just remembering from what i wrote on the freezer bags! lol). Its the extra lean stuff. Asda do it2 for £5. As there is only 2 of us in our house, i divide each pack in 2 and freeze it. I too make burgers. DH has cheap pre-made ones and i save these ones for me! lol

ETA - just looked on Asda online, They advertise it as being 3% when pan fried. Dont know if that includes oil or not. Am going to write to Asda because i think their foods should advertise what the nutrition is raw, not when cooked how they suggest,

we said the same thing didnt we hun, about the mushrooms the other week :)

xoxo

we said the same thing didnt we hun, about the mushrooms the other week :)

xoxo
Yeah! I have just written them a stroppy message. It just doenst make sense. those mushrooms went from 0.3g fat per 100g to 16.2g when cooked how they said. But i had to find out the raw nutritional facts online. Which is wrong. I told them that i wouldn't expect to find the nutritional facts of a chocolate biscuit with a cup of tea! lol. I bet they have a laugh about it in the morning. lol I'll let you know their reply. lol xxx

Yeah! I have just written them a stroppy message. It just doenst make sense. those mushrooms went from 0.3g fat per 100g to 16.2g when cooked how they said. But i had to find out the raw nutritional facts online. Which is wrong. I told them that i wouldn't expect to find the nutritional facts of a chocolate biscuit with a cup of tea! lol. I bet they have a laugh about it in the morning. lol I'll let you know their reply. lol xxx

lol...if you get a reply! :D that thing with the mushrooms really sent me into meltdown!..how they expect people to make choices when they dont give the right information i dont know,but i will be writing a letter too :)

xoxo

Back