Are there any legal products for improving athletes’ performance?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by PaulMurphy, 9 January 2009 Social URL.

1. PaulMurphy

PaulMurphy New Member

Hello,

I am an athlete and have been preparing myself for a competition - my specialty is the 400 metres. I am a little overweight, which causes me to become tired around the 250m mark and drop off the pace. Are there any products that can help increase my stamina - legally? Your guidance is needed.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ChristieK

ChristieK Queen of Cats

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(18.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    WW PP
    Hi Paul; the only thing I can think of that works is just continuing to run to build up the endurance. I am extremely skeptical about any supplements, I think they're mostly a big racket just to take people's money. Have you talked with your coach to see what he/she suggests? Sorry I can't really help, hope someone with more knowledge about this can come along and help.

4. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    Do it naturally, its the best way

5. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Caffeine and aspirin. Speak to your coach. An Internet forum is not the best place to seek this kind of advice.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.