Are you keeping your diet a secret?

Hi, I've only just signed up today but I've been browsing for a few weeks for motivation and inspiration. I'm currently half way through Week 3, on day 17. So far it's been great but I've had to turn down a few food-based social occasions and I find it awkward explaining why. We're visiting friend at the weekend, just a casual drop in but we'll probably be offered at least tea and biscuits. I don't know why but I feel embarrassed to admit I'm on Lipotrim. What are other people doing in these situations?

Hi OrangeBorange! :) I would just be honest with people. I haven't told anyone that I'm doing it so far (except my husband), because it hasn't come up. I'm on week 4, day 3 at the moment. I've been on Lipotrim in the past and I've always just declined things politely and if asked again or pushed, as people tend to do, then I'll say something like, "I'm sorry, I can't. I'm on a special diet." People normally ask you about it and are very interested to hear. I've always had comments like, "Wow, I could never do that!", "Amazing willpower!", etc. I wouldn't worry about telling people, but maybe only tell if you need to.

Of course you'll always get certain people who think it's a bad idea and dangerous to lose the weight so quickly, but they don't understand, so I wouldn't worry about that either. :)

Well, I told my mum yesterday who was very supportive. I think having watched the DVD I was ready to answer her questions and concerns and she was pleased it's being monitored by the pharmacist. Also told my hairdresser, who's on Slimming World. She thought it was a load of rubbish - giving me more motivation to prove her wrong! So whatever the reaction, I guess it's win-win!

Well, I told my mum yesterday who was very supportive. I think having watched the DVD I was ready to answer her questions and concerns and she was pleased it's being monitored by the pharmacist. Also told my hairdresser, who's on Slimming World. She thought it was a load of rubbish - giving me more motivation to prove her wrong! So whatever the reaction, I guess it's win-win!

Absolutely...

Lipotrim gives you a chance to rethink your food triggers and the refeed week gives you examples of how you can eat well.

It's a mental journey as well as a physical one and if people - doing sw or lipotrim - start to eat junk again In extreme each person will put all their weight back on. This has no reflection on the diet choice to begin with.

It's a life style change... Best of luck and im delighted yer mam is supportive xx

Onwards and downwards

this is a really good post, i didnt keep it a secret as such, i told my mom dad and boyfriend and the woman i share an office with and my best friend that i was on lipotrim. thats it.
everyone else just figured i was beign careful with my food but i didnt tell anyone about lipotrim, its strange it was my first time not making a big deal of going on a diet and it worked i didnt feel pressure from outside sources or like everyone was watching me.

my wider family and friends still dont know how i lost the weight and its interesting they just accept i put the head down and focused on getting well which is what im doing.

it was tough in terms of going out and meeting friends but once your firm with people and say im watching what i eat they normally give up

Thanks for all the replies. Going to friend's house this afternoon, have decided to just be honest. Having now lost 23lb in three weeks I don't care what anyone thinks! :)

Thanks Incredible! well done!

Thanks guys! Into week four and still trucking. Friends were very supportive, one even thinking of doing it herself. No one had ever heard of it though, I wonder why they don't advertise?

Only told my partner for now, will tell friends and family if they ask , they will probably think it's just another deit

Oh this is a good thread! I AM keeping it secret. Mainly because the last time I did TFR I got sick of explaining: 'no it's not all going to go straight back on' (took me a few years, but I got there eventually, LOL) 'no I can't have just one biscuit' 'no you don't lose all your muscle mass'. Am saving my breath this time! ;)

Oh this is a good thread! I AM keeping it secret. Mainly because the last time I did TFR I got sick of explaining: 'no it's not all going to go straight back on' (took me a few years, but I got there eventually, LOL) 'no I can't have just one biscuit' 'no you don't lose all your muscle mass'. Am saving my breath this time! ;)
Same here people so neg

Don't know what happened there , people so negative I can't cope listening to all there negative input ,save all my energy for trf haha I'll need it x

OMG - 2114 people have viewed this thread but only 13 have replied? Can that be right? Who are these people! Speak to meeee!!!! :D

I'm going to keep it a secret because I want to see how long it takes people to notice the weight loss. :0)

Hi everyone how are you all doing? Im starting lipotrim on Monday and I have decided to only tell close family as I know some people will just think its a load of rubbish. Xx

Hi everyone how are you all doing? Im starting lipotrim on Monday and I have decided to only tell close family as I know some people will just think its a load of rubbish. Xx

Reactions: djv
Back