Are you naturally disposed to being bigger?

Interesting, I'm sure Genes do pay a part, but only a part.

I know I could let myself get fat again easily, but I won't put that down to my Genes.

I'll take some of it but leave other parts. I liked the ending:

"A sensible diet involves maximum weight loss of one or two pounds a week, says Marber. And what’s the cure for the obsession with slimming to below your ‘natural weight’? Rediscover your real hunger, says Susie Orbach. ‘It is about being curious and noticing when you’re really hungry for food and not hungry for something emotional. It’s about being in the present when you eat and learning to savour the food. Then you’re able to stop because you’re actually tasting it.’ So no comfort eating. No eating because you’re bored. No mindless scoffing. Accept who you were meant to be.

And don’t forget: lots of fidgeting."

Looking at old family photos (from the 1920s) it seems that I fit very well into what might be a genetically predisposed shape, but what really shocks me is how easy it is for me to gain weight, and lots of it, rather than being 'suited' to being a particular size which is what the photos suggest.
At the moment I would give my eye teeth to be a 'voluptuous' size 14 like the model this article is about!
Ah well, one day at a time eh?

Back