Argh! First day of SW and I'm lost!

Thanks for all your positive encouragement! I had a really good week- once id been shopping and planned my meals i found it WAY easier!

I weighed in today and had lost 5lb! I'm feeling really positive & motivated :)
well done your your fiest wi thats a brilliant loss

I lost another 2.5lb today! Can't believe I've never tried SW before! I love looking and the recipes are amazing! My favourite so far is chicken tikka masala! I love that I know everything that's going into my body- super healthy!
I am however approaching my first challenge- lunch out on Saturday & I'm not sure what to do! Anyone got any good tips?

Where are you eating? Get hold of the menu and then use some common sense in what you choose. We know the 'bad' things - fried foods, cream, cheese etc. So avoid these and go for tomato-based pasta dishes, vegetables, non-creamy soup etc. You can also ask for things to be grilled rather than fried or to be cooked without oil. If you get a salad then ask for dressing to be on the side so you can control how much you use. You are the paying customer so tell them what you want.

Well done sia that a really good loss!

Have u been sticking to it 100%? have u been doing any excercise?

I have my first wi this evening am really nervous!

I managed to post a similar thing twice :confused:

Last edited:
Well done on your losses xx
Enjoy your meal on Saturday, do you know all about flexible syns?;)

I don't know what flexible syns are, although last week i added my 5/day together & used them as and when i fancy

Well done sia that a really good loss!

Have u been sticking to it 100%? have u been doing any excercise?

I have my first wi this evening am really nervous!

Thank you! I have totally stuck to it, but not done any extra exercise, thinking i'll have to do some this week so i can get away with going out at the weekend!

Good luck with your wi, if you've stuck to plan you have nothing to worry about

Where are you eating? Get hold of the menu and then use some common sense in what you choose. We know the 'bad' things - fried foods, cream, cheese etc. So avoid these and go for tomato-based pasta dishes, vegetables, non-creamy soup etc. You can also ask for things to be grilled rather than fried or to be cooked without oil. If you get a salad then ask for dressing to be on the side so you can control how much you use. You are the paying customer so tell them what you want.

This is the menu- totally UnSWfriendly :(

Les Hors d’œuvre
Soupe à l’Oignon Gratinée
Chicken liver parfait, breakfast radish, gherkins, brioche
Heirloom beetroot Carpaccio, quail eggs, anchovy beignets, goat curd éclair
Grilled marrow bone, flat mushrooms, red wine jus
Bayonne ham, roquefort, endive & figs
Twice baked cheese soufflé
Potted pork, gherkins & toast

Les Plats Principaux
Cassoulet, duck & pork
Veal tongue, maderia sauce, green beans, creamed potatoes
caper butter, soft boiled hens egg Monk fish cheek, salsify gratin,
Aged Rump Steak, parsley gnocchi, pepper sauce
Spinach ravioli, pine nut, sage butter, ricotta fritter
Montbéliard sausage, puy lentils, creamed potatoes
Game pie, red cabbage, pommes mousseline
28 Day aged châteaubriand, roast bone marrow, green beans & frites

Les Desserts
Assiette de fromages
Petit pot au chocolat
Tarte tatin with vanilla ice-cream
Kerala vanilla crème brûlée
Poached pear, vanilla sabayon, mixed berries

Argh!:wave_cry:

OMG - that's a tricky menu.
Looks very posh though - you're bound to have a lovely time, but as far as what to eat?? I'm stumped!!!

Yeah - very posh and completely diet unfriendly!
I might even consider claiming to be vegan and asking them to prepare something off menu! At least then they can't pile on the cream, butter and cheese that they seem very keen on.

What a yummy sounding menu - I've just finished my lunch and I am hungry again after reading that!! ;)

Hmm, if it was me I would probably go for the Soupe à l’Oignon Gratinée (guessing this is onion soup?) then 28 Day aged châteaubriand, roast bone marrow, green beans & frites (but ask for boiled potatoes or a side salad instead of the frites) and then for pudding the
Poached pear, vanilla sabayon, mixed berries sounds the most SW friendly (though they all sound gorgeous!)

Well done on your losses so far - your an inspiration as I am back on the waggon again after a very on and off and on and off again couple of months.

Circes said:
Yeah - very posh and completely diet unfriendly!
I might even consider claiming to be vegan and asking them to prepare something off menu! At least then they can't pile on the cream, butter and cheese that they seem very keen on.

Avoid the starter and pudding and opt for the chateaubriand And syn the fries xx

Back