Argh

Nightwolf

Messed up for 2 weeks! I did 4 weeks on the diet, and then got really hungry, I messed up one day and its thrown me for 2 weeks since, Im gonna hit it again on Monday, I've set my target date, I deleted my diet notes (weigh ins) and I am starting a fresh, any tips to motivate me? I need to lose 3 stone asap lol.

I got stuck in a rut with the same meals, and really hated red days, I mean most of the things you put with meat, you can only have on green days, beans, SW chips, potatoes, pasta, I just dont know what to do with my red days, so I went all green, then I got really sick of pasta and rice, and seemed to live on Xpress rice and pasta n sauce, Im just totally stuck on simple meal ideas, I dont have time for big meals and fancy recipes, I need a simple meals cook book lol.

Most people don't realise what they can have on a red day. The majority of meat recipes can be tailored to be SW friendly. Here are some of the things that I have on a red and green day:-

Red Day

Chicken kebabs
Mixed grill
Beef Stew
Beef hotpot
Gammon steak and wedges
Fry up
Fillet steak
Sweet and sour chicken
Homemade burgers
chicken curry
Keema curry
bacon and boiled egg sandwich
Sausage rolls (I will let you know how if you like :D)
Chicken and bacon salad (ideal for work)
Bacon and egg quiche (ideal for work)
Chicken New Yorker

Green Days:-

SW Chips with veggie sausages and beans
SW Chips with eggs
My double pasta lasange (recipe in the sticky above)
Quorn chilli
Tuna (HEXB) pasta salad
Lentil Dhal (recipe in the sticky above)

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Some of those things for red days sound great, are all the recipes for those in the stickies? I may try making something

Not all of them are. If you let me know what recipes you want, I will put them up for you.

I would love to know how to make:

Chicken kebabs
Beef Stew
Beef hotpot
Fry up (What do you put on it?)
Fillet steak
Sweet and sour chicken
Homemade burgers
chicken curry
Keema curry
Sausage rolls
Bacon and egg quiche (ideal for work)
Chicken New Yorker

Oh and your Double Pasta Lasagne lol

Hiya just wanted to let you know your not hte only one. I rejoined SW 6 weeks ago in the first four weeks I lost 12Lbs in week 5 I went to pot and gained 6Lbs and then I was gutted and used it as an excuse to comfort eat which casued me another 6Lb gain on week 6. so I gained in 2 weeks what I lost in 4.

I am back on track now thank god and hoping it stays like that.

On a red day I tend to have as simple as possable meals.

Cut a pocket into a chicken breast and add 2 babybells (or what ever your fave cheese is), get some lean bacon and wrap round the chicken to make a parcel then stick in the oven for 25 mins on a med heat. You could serve that with roast veg wedges (I use carrots, cherry toms, parsnip and butternut squash. Totally free on a red day if you add the cheese as tour Healthy extra.

Another quick one is stirfry.

I also had for my tea last night turkey escolopes cut into strips and dry fried in a pan with garlic and ginger. Then I added sliced mushrooms, chopped onions then stirfried it. Then I served it in an omelette. It was scrummy and totally free.

Hi Nightwolf re your comment of not having time to make fancy meals I really understand that. When I was following weightwatchers I used to have one day a week on the weekend when I had a major cook in and cooked a load of meals and then stuck them in the freezer. It meant each weekday I just needed to take one out the night before and when i got home from work I had a meal ready in minutes just by heating it up

It really helped me as my problem has always been getting home being too tired to think about cooking so grabbing whatever was easy - which sadly usually wasn't good for me

Sonban - am pretty sure that parsnips are not free veg on a red day, bit like peas and sweetcorn.
Anyone know for sure?

One thing I do is when I cook myself something I make twice as much and plate an extra one up. Cover it with cling film and stick it in the fridge. You can eat it the next night or even the night after as long as it's kept in the fridge. It saves me the bother of cooking when I don't feel like it.

Another quick meal on a red day is a bacon omelette. Dry fry some chopped bacon and then put two or three eggs (beaten) over the top. cook one side then pop under the grill to fluff the top up.

Back