ARGHHHHHH at my Chemist

As some of you already know i went onto LT last wednesday, fetched it from the chemist on Tuesday........ anyway at the chemist i was told because my mum had already been on LT before she knew all the ropes so just basically buy it and get on with it.
Was pretty pissed off because i had to rely on my mums dodgy scales (which change everytime they move) which told me 10st12 so thats where i got my start weight from.

Today i thought i would have been weighed but no it was "oh hello" "thats £36 please" "bye" :confused::confused::confused:

So i walked out of the chemist not knowing what i have lost or even what i really started at.
I nipped into the local gym and decided to pay 50p and get my weight, height and bmi weighed on one of the machines seem as the chemist is so crap and i was GUTTED at what i have seen it said i weigh 10st 9lb :mad:
So all a total loss of 3lb.......... but according to the scales i use it wont go higher than 10st 7 no matter where i place them around the house????? I have no clue what i weigh, what i have lost in total.

Although my stomach is less bloated and i can squidge into the jeans alot better, its still so disheartening not knowing for sure.

It would be worth paying the 50p weekly so that you can weigh on the gym scales and go by them as they are sure to be pretty accurate.

Most of us weigh first thing in the morning after the loo with no clothes on as this gives a very good indication of how much you are losing as during the day the weight can fluctuate due to the water intake. Use one scales for yourself consistently so that it will give you a good idea of what you are losing.

The service in your Chemist is very poor and I would write to Lipotrim UK and make a complaint as that is just not acceptable.

Lipotrim - Contact Us

BoredomEater,

I feel so bad for you! :( Your pharmacy sounds terrible! I would definitely complain. You shouldn't have to ask to be weighed, they should be doing it as part of the service, but maybe you should tell them to weigh you next week. How're you supposed to know how you're doing otherwise? They shouldn't be allowed to stock Lipotrim if they aren't looking after you properly.

Mini, i have been weighing myself at home first thing in the morning and thats when it was reading 10stone 4 ish. Thats why i was soooooo excited. I know getting weighed in the gym i have my trainers, jeans and jacket on but i suppose if the chemist wont step it up and do their job im going to have to weigh in the gym and maybe couple of lbs off for all the clothes i had on. I;ll just remember to put on the same clothes next wednesday and then i will have a true reading of what i have lost.

Noitulove and Mini, your both right maybe i need to put in a complaint about how they are dishing out the LT and not doing what their supposed to. I'm pretty sure even if i walked in weighing 8 stone they would still give it me without any talk or anything. I just dont want to complain and then not have a chemist to go to :-(

I would complain, how the hell do they know whats happening with you? this is terrible practise. And re weighing yourself, maybe you could try weighing yourself on your scales, note it down, then put ON the things you are going to get weighed in on and jump back on, note the difference, then you will have a rough idea of how much your clothes weigh, so you can deduct that from the total that the gym scales are saying? this will then let you see how accurate your own scales are? But it would have to be done in a short time frame as as said above we weigh different at all times of day etc, but mya help you decide which to go by?? bit of faffing about though, but hope that may help x

I complained and reported them to the right people and see how things go from here now, i go back on tuesday night for more LT and i will see if they weigh me. If not then im going to the chemist thats a mile from this one and doing it there. x

I don't have a chemist doing LT near me so I'm doing it through my GP. It took a couple of weeks to organise but we're there now and I started on Friday. On my initial start date I was weighed and had my blood pressure checked, this was all recorded on my Lipotrim card that came with the first lot of shakes I ordered. I have to see the practice nurse every Friday to be weighed, blood pressure checked and urine dipped for ketones. All this has to be recorded on my Lipotrim card. Aren't your chemist doing this? I thought they had to. Also because I'm doing it through my GP I order direct from LT and the cost is only £28.25 per week.

Busy Mum.

So glad you complained tthats a terrible service. The diet is hard enough without getting the full service

I don't have a chemist doing LT near me so I'm doing it through my GP. It took a couple of weeks to organise but we're there now and I started on Friday. On my initial start date I was weighed and had my blood pressure checked, this was all recorded on my Lipotrim card that came with the first lot of shakes I ordered. I have to see the practice nurse every Friday to be weighed, blood pressure checked and urine dipped for ketones. All this has to be recorded on my Lipotrim card. Aren't your chemist doing this? I thought they had to. Also because I'm doing it through my GP I order direct from LT and the cost is only £28.25 per week.

Busy Mum.

Sounds like your being well looked after there. No the chemist are doing NOTHING at all. I am literally walking in there getting asked what shakes i want this week and handing over my bank card, not so much of a "hows it going" for all they know i could even be buying it for someone else. To be fair on the woman in there she did say to the actually pharmacist " are you going to do the weight" AND HE JUST SAID "NO NO SHES DONE IT BEFORE" Its a brand new pharmacist aswell, only opened a couple of months ago so its not going to be god on them. x

Switched Chemists now :)
After going in last night to pick up this weeks LT, he just said "oh how much have you lost this week then" i told him i didnt really know because ive had to be weighing myself on different scales so i was never sure and he just got me my LT and that was it.
Not to mention MAKING me have a chicken soup in my bag, i told him 5 times that i wouldn't like it and he refused to listen to me, i got home and he had swapped a chocolate shake for a soup :sigh: he told me that i cant carry on with just the strawberry and chocolate all the time.......... oh boy this man needs speak to the Lipotrim people and find out about what he should be doing when i asked about maintanance (because i can't see it being that far away for me now) he said i need to have 2 shakes and a chicken salad everyday for 1 week, then 1 shake and 2 chicken salads everyday for another week and see if my weight maintains on that.......LOL LAUGHABLE, i know you lot on maintenance don't live off 2 chicken salads a day forever!!! x

what terrible service you have had, glad you have reported them, i guess they are in it to just make money!!! the Chemist i go to was great, the lady told us they they had all been trained up on lipotrim and every question i asked they could answer. I hope you get better support at the other chemist x

So was the forced chicken soup and bad advice re re-feed feom the old chemist or the new one?

The old one, im going up to the new one next time i need LT and hoping that they know much more. If not i guess its more asking posts from me....lol x

Phew that's a relief, surely the next one cannot possibly be as inept as the old one, keep us posted as to how you find the new one.

Back