Ariana's diary- another 3lbs gone

Ariana

Wishful Shrinking
I've been lurking on here for a few days, reading posts etc and decided to join today. Hopefully keeping this diary will be the kick up the bum I need to stay on course! I've really enjoyed reading other people's journeys on here.

So Im 28 years old and pretty overweight at 16st 4 which I find shocking. I guess I've been overweight for a lot of my life, but in the last few years the weight has really piled on. I've tried a few things before, slimfast, atkins diet, calorie counting, but always given up after a week or so and eaten more than before which is a really bad way to go on. I've got to the point where I feel my weight is affecting my health (I suffer from pretty bad asthma along with a heat sensitive urticaria) and I am sure losing weight will help improve these things.

I've chosen weight watchers as it is a balanced and healthy lifestyle that I want to keep up for life, plus nothing is banned which I like (if I can't have it, I want it).
Im doing weight watchers online as my life is pretty busy and I can fit it around my ever changing schedule. (I work as a teacher and my evenings are normally quite packed).
I've been eating up (with Mr Ariana's help) some of the bad things in my cupboards and am ready to start! This WILL be the last diet I begin, this time I WILL lose that weight!
My target weight is 9 1/2 stone as I'm pretty short, but my first major "target" is for 13stone 2.

I'm going to use this diary to keep track of my journey and help me work out what has gone well me.

Last edited:
Hi Ariana and welcome

Having a range of targets is a good idea. I'm sure you will see your health improve more and more as the weight comes off - sometimes it does take our health to kick us up the whatsits and get us to stick to a healthy weight loss regime, doesn't it? I know that's the case with me, anyway.

Everyone is friendly and helpful on here (and we love reading people's diaries if you want to do one).

Looking forward to seeing less of you over time ha ha.

Karen x

hey good luck with ur x mass target u will get there xx

Hi Ariana - welcome to ww and hope we can be a great support which is what we all do on here and were fab to boot!
The ww lifestyle is fab and youl get your goal in no time xxx

Thanks guys :D
So properly began doing WW today after planning out the days food last night (felt I had to do that so I didnt go over my points lol- Im sure as I know the points better it will be easier).
Stuck to it all well so far which is good. Feeling quite positive about the whole thing and have been eating mainly fruit as snacks which saves on points.
Am a little worried tomorrow as we are having a staff buffet thing for lunch which will be harder to point before hand, but Im hoping to stick to salad things and things that are less calories generally which is hard as I know a lot of what will be there is samosas, pizzas etc which are all high points things for not much food. Hopefully will resist temptation!

Good woman, you sound really positive! Go into it knowing that you can have those little point-laden foods if you want but you will have to claw the points back at your dinner or teatime...x We are all here to support x Best of luck with this! :)

So I walked into the staff room to find tons of points laden foods there and only one tiny bowl of salad lol. Was really disappointed as I was quite hungry and didnt want to cut into my whole days allowance. Ended up with 1/2 a cheese sandwich, few leaves, small veg samosa and a slice of vegetable pizza. Feel really fed up and disappointed as those few bits were tons of points, yet didnt feel worth it in terms of fillingness.
Least I know that its worth using my points on good food for me, rather than eating small bits of points laden rubbish.

Hi Ariana

I have to deal with staff lunches all the time and it's very difficult isn't it? I think I've pretty much decided to bring my own in regardless as it always seems to be a bunch of fried stuff and/or sandwiches. I work for the NHS and, considering they're always wittering on about obesity, you'd think they'd at least feed us healthy stuff!

Anyway, well done on getting off to a good start - can't wait to see how well you do in your first week x

So Im back to WW after slipping off to SW, losing weight, putting it back on and several bouts of nasty illnesses.
I loved SW, but I ate too much free food. Like far too much. I really need to work on portion control and I do not want to be this overweight by the time I reach 30.
I know WW works and reading your diaries has been really inspirational for me.
So Im even more determined this time!
My starting weight for this restart is 15st 10 and the only way that number is going is down!!

Hi Ariana - Happy New Year and welcome back! Hope 2009 is good to you xxx

Happy new year honey, this will be your year!! I am a teacher too and christmas was indeed a nightmare! With chocolate from every parent and that damn glitter, it was always set to be hard! 2009 will be the year for the skinny minis tho!! Hope you are have had a great holiday! xx

Hiya. If you want the sig I have (SIMPLY THE BEST) on yours just Click and hold the name on my sig and drag it to where you edit your sig (User CP ) and just save. Simple. I see you have one already though ;)

Back