Arrrgghhhh!

Lizabeth

Well what can I say, I've just blown 12 syns in one fail swoop but worst of all, I thought I was being "healthy" ! :doh:

On way home tonight, I stopped off at Morrisons and took really strong notion for sausage, eggs, beans, SW chips for tea tonight. Not something I normally go for, but weather was really yukky and wanted some comfort food. Alas, no Morrisons eat smart sausages, so thought I would be safe with Bowyers low fat instead. Don't know why, but I had it in my head that they were only 1 syn each. As I have been on green day today and not used any of my "syns" as everything else I've eaten has been free food or HEx, I thought I would be okay.

Only after I had eaten them (and thoroughly enjoyed I might add), did I find out that there are 4 syns in each! OUCH!!!! :booboo:

Moral of the story................. check before you eat!

Hopefully, the fact that everything I've eaten so far this week has been free food or HEx's here's hoping it won't do me much harm! Will find out on Saturday.

Oh poo I hate it when that happens! I have my 'core' list of sausages that I like and will eat, most of them are veggie though...

Asda turkey sausages 2 syns each (mega meaty)
Tesco meatfree lincolnshire (taste a bit like an aunt bessie's sausage stuffing ball but with Quorn consistency (free!!)
Quorn sausage (free)
Sainsbury's BGTY cumberland (1.5 each)
Bowyers Fat Free (1 each)
Tesco HL or Light Choice (0.5 each)
Linda McCartney (2 each)

The Bowyers sausages are 1 syn each on a RED day. Dont' worry - if it had been 20 syns (quite easy with sausages on a green day) then you'd have to worry! 12 syns is quite recoverable - and i'm really glad you enjoyed them :D

I so didn't read that you were on a green day! Hun, green day = VEGGIE sausage!! naughty naughty :p

I bet you enjoyed it though... xx

Thanks Vixxter and Claire, I don't feel so bad now.

I must have looked up the Bowyers ordinary sausages to get 4 syns each instead of the Bowyers less than 5% fat. If they only have 1 syn each, then I've only used 3 of my extra daily syns so I don't feel so bad now!

Just in case though, I'm determined to be a real "goody two shoes" the rest of the week!

If you don't like quorn, the Linda McCartney sausages are yummy and 1.5 syns on a Green day. They go extremely well with chips and beans. :)

What else have you eaten today? Could you actually do today as a red day instead? xx

Hi JoRoger

I had flask of home made soup for lunch at work, but it had lentils in it and I also had SW chips along with beans so I think I really would need to stick to green for today.

Thanks Vixxter and Claire, I don't feel so bad now.

I must have looked up the Bowyers ordinary sausages to get 4 syns each instead of the Bowyers less than 5% fat. If they only have 1 syn each, then I've only used 3 of my extra daily syns so I don't feel so bad now!

Just in case though, I'm determined to be a real "goody two shoes" the rest of the week!

Sorry but I think you're getting a bit confused. The sausages have meat in them so the syn value is higher on a green day than it is on red.

Green = 4
Red = 1

Even if you'd managed to get the morrison's ones it would still have been the same:

Green = 3
Red = free

That's what I was thinking, try and change it round as much as you can, even just to make yourself feel better!

yeah, when I put my values, they are all red values. I automatically count meat as red value and didn't notice you said you were on a green day!

I would have made yesterday an EE day too, that way your back was covered, unless you had 2 HeB's???
Dont panic Hun...it could have been a whole lot worse!

if you had 2 HEbs then syn the HEb and not the sausage!

Back