1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Asda free and low syn choices?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by MissKittyFantastico, 5 December 2008 Social URL.

1. i have a little girl (9 months) so i find it hard during the day to cook much.

im off to asdas soon and wondered if anyone could recommend any free or low syn choices on the green plan

i find breakfast and dinner easier as oh is around - but lunchtime has to be quick and easy

tins/packets etc would be great

thanks in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Rachel1974

Rachel1974 Full Member

Low fat supernoodles
    Mug shots the noodle ones
    Beans on toast
    Tinned tomatoes on toast
    Jacket potato cheese and beans
    Poached egg on toast
    Batchelors savoury rice (15 mins in microwave mmmmmm)
    Hope that helps
    Rach xx

4. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

asda good for u banana and almond cakes r 2 syns
    curls r 3.5

5. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

ASDA's own brand of Chick Pea Dhal is very good. And free on a green day.

6. thanks everyone thats great

7. Treats

Treats Silver Member

Have you thought about making more of a dinner and freezing it.. then taking it out in the morning so you have it ready to heat for lunch time?

8. thats a great idea treats but we got rid of the microwave (our kitchen is tiny) so its not always easy to heat up leftovers

i think we are probably going to have to give in and get another one.

9. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Hey MissKitty. I'm near Elgin and often head to Aberdeen to hit Sainsburys and Morissons! Love the Asda at Brig o Dee as well! ♥

10. El Presidente

El Presidente Member

I've found instant mash (such as Smash) to be a great quick lunch, it's cheap and and it's ready in as long as it takes your kettle to boil.

Goes perferctly with beans or tinned spaghetti, it's hardly a classy meal but it's good comfort food :) quick and 100% free on green!

A bit of salt and freshly ground black pepper (plus your herb of choice if you fancy something a bit different) in the mash and it comes out great. Much better than I can manage with an old fashioned masher anyway ... I really should invest in a potato ricer!

11. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Hi hun, i have a 9month old too. I tend to stick on some noodles, or savoury rice or make a baked potato in the micro. I find it not to bad as my little one has a sleep from about half one to half three. They all have their own little routines though.

12. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

batchellors rice is free and is on offer in asda @ the moment i think :)

13. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

People keep mentioning this where is it? tinned or in a sachet? and is it with chick peas or beans?
    x

14. maybe on the weekend when you OH is home? make soup and keep in fridge, or a vegetable fritter, i like to cook loads at the weekend to i have choice through out the week! it makes it quicker and easier.

15. Superfree Princess

Superfree Princess Silver Member

Chick pea dhal is in a tin :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

16. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member