Asda Fresh Tastes - Gammon & Cheese

MinnieM

Now I saw this ready meal in the SW magazine (think it was the one before last) in the 'Whats New' foodie section. They actually stated the meal was called 'Gammon Steaks in Creamy Cheddar Sauce' and said it was 2.5 syns per half pack on Extra Easy/Original

Went looking for this meal today and the only Fresh Tastes meal I could find that was close was this Gammon & Cheese one :confused:

Could someone look at the syns for we because I must admit 2.5 syns seems low for anything smothered in a creamy, cheese sauce :eek:

Thank you

Looks like they were the right ones hun!! Sounds great to me!!! Let me know what they were like on my food diary page as I'm intrigued!!X

Asda Fresh Tastes, Gammon Steaks in Creamy Cheddar Cheese Sauce, twin pack, chilled 180g each[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
2½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2½ Syns
green.gif
Green 17½ Syns
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Thanks Ladies :D

It must be right because surely Asda wouldn't make 2 products virtually the same in the same range :confused:

What concerned me was the saturated fat is listed as 8.4g per half pack. That is quite high isn't it?

I suppose that's where the syns come from! It does seem quite high admittedly but it must be the same product! It always amazes me how things like lamb shanks in a rich gravy are very low or free!!X

Well, using the nutritional info from the Asda website, I used the syns calculator on the SW website and it actually came out as 1.5 syns per half pack (180g)! So I would definitely go with 2.5 syns to be on the safe side!! I entered 274 cals, 27.3g protein, 7.7g carbs, 14.4g fat. It does seem strange I admit, but we have to trust in the powers that be!!X

Those Nutritional Values are exactly as are on the packet. At 1.5 syns per half pack I'd eat the WHOLE bloomin' pack to myself!!!

Thank you so much.

Back