Ashamed and very embarassed!

emmy2009

Wow, have topped the scales at 16 stone and 1lb! That is the heaviest that I have ever been.

Feel very stupid for letting myself get to this stage as this is all my own doing.

Why so easy to put on weight but is so hard to loose!

So have signed up to Weight Watchers, have started to go to the meetings and am hoping that this is way to start to loose a bit of weight.

I have no willpower but have to do this!

Am reading other posts and am hoping this will be my source of inspiration and lots of ideas!

Em

x

Hia emmy. I know exactly how you feel . I weighed in at my heaviest at 18 st 3 lb And was so annoyed with myself and ashamed too but, i lost 10 lbs then joined ww and its the best thing ive ever done. Ive now lost 3 st 12 lb in total and gone from size 24 to size 18 . Ww is great cos its so flexible. Hope you get on great and i find being on here is a great help and support. Good luck to you and dont be ashamed or embarrased any more cos you took the first step to change so be very proud x x x

i weighed in at 14st 7.5lbs and i was shocked and furious with myself. A lot of us on here are in the same boat. Trust me once you get going on the diet you feel like you are back in control of it :)

You are not alone. I think a lot of us are shocked and horrified by the weight We've got to. When I started WW I was 16st 13lbs. Couldn't believe it was that much! I got down to 11st 13lbs but put nearly 2 stone back on when I got cocky so I'm back at it again.

Stick to WW and you'll see those pounds fly off!

I'm the same, my weight at it's highest was 18st 1lb, I'm starting again this week, on WW online, starting at 17st 7, it's hard, but it DOES work. And coming on here really helps.

At my heaviest i was 23 stone 10lbs. Was so ashamed and disgusted but realised i was the only one who could change it. Went my own way for the first 3 stone and have now joined WW for the last (!) 10 stone. Think its the best way to go, slow and steady means you learn more along the way.

i weighed in at 18st 6lb, i was so shocked cos i had joined ww last year but fell of the wagon after a few weeks id started last yr at 16st3lb so was shocked to see id put on over 2st in a year! :O

i realised the only way is up if you dont watch what your eating so hundred and second time lucky ive joined ww after doing a month on slimfast and lost the first stone ive lost 6.5lb with ww so far and something has definately clicked...

Good luck on your journey... definately keep coming to the site, im addicted i could stay on all day and night! damn you job lol x

Thank you all so much for your help and support. Will let you know how I get on at weigh in on Thursday.

I refuse to buy the next size up in clothes, and not to wobble when I walk.

Am going to have a good first week and write down everything I eat / drink so that I cant cheat!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend

Em

x

i was 19.7 when i joined ww, lost 4.5 stone on it it does work and is a liveable diet xx

p.s how do i get the silver 7 things on my page??? lol

i was 19.7 when i joined ww, lost 4.5 stone on it it does work and is a liveable diet xx

p.s how do i get the silver 7 things on my page??? lol

Hiya. If you right click the mouse on the 7 on my page and press copy then go to edit signature and right click and paste it should work :):)

Hi Emmy,

I know how you feel, I was at heaviest at 16.2, but feel so much better now, I'm at 14.12 and I had no will power, you just need to realise that you can still eat 'bad' foods just eat them In proportion,or find alternatives.

Good luck. This is a great place for support so keep coming back :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Emmy!

I am having my first weigh in on thursday too! So please let me no how you get on. I'm doing it online.
This is also my heaviest :( 15st 8! So its a matter of health now rather than vanity! I've always been really confident, refusing not to wear what the "skinny" girls do, perhaps why i've never lost weight! But something has just clicked in me!

Good luck!! xxx

Hi,

Thank you all so much. Have had 3 really good days and have written down everything! It really helps reading other peoples message / blogs for ideas, tips and especially seeing what other people are eating!

Casg - You've done really well! I have to stop thinking that Im not allowed any bad foods as I cant give up chocolate and the odd biscuit!

Maireakins - Good luck for Thursday, am sure that you will be fine. I agree with the health point, am classed as obese and thats an awful feeling. x x x

Would love to be confident!

x

I always have been quite confident! Not confident as in "oh my word im lovely" haha, confident as in just not caring of others opinions, but i think that is the reason i've done nothing about it! But changes NEED to be made because if not, what bloody weight will i be next year! Have you got over the weekend ok? My housemates had a chinese arghhh was so hard to resist! xx

Your not on your own I weighed 16 st 5 when I started 15 weeks go, I now weigh 14st 9. I've lost 24lbs and feel amazing already, the difference is so noticeable.
X

emmy2009 said:
Wow, have topped the scales at 16 stone and 1lb! That is the heaviest that I have ever been.

Feel very stupid for letting myself get to this stage as this is all my own doing.

Why so easy to put on weight but is so hard to loose!

So have signed up to Weight Watchers, have started to go to the meetings and am hoping that this is way to start to loose a bit of weight.

I have no willpower but have to do this!

Am reading other posts and am hoping this will be my source of inspiration and lots of ideas!

Em

x

You have already made the right step of joining WW and this site :0) lovely to read all the supportive comments, looking forward to seeing your journey on here,I was 13.13. 5 when I started 3 weeks ago and have lost 5lb so far,am doing WW at home and using the support,tips etc of this site.

You have defo took a step in the right direction, I was horrified when I weighed in at 18.5 in jan 11 I have lost almost 7st and weigh 11.5 I feel great and know I will continue like this for ever as I refuse to let myself get to that weight again, I have taken control, and while it's a long rd with a few bumps along the way it has been relatively easy, as pro points is so flexible and really fits in with everyday life :-D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I always have been quite confident! Not confident as in "oh my word im lovely" haha, confident as in just not caring of others opinions, but i think that is the reason i've done nothing about it! But changes NEED to be made because if not, what bloody weight will i be next year! Have you got over the weekend ok? My housemates had a chinese arghhh was so hard to resist! xx

it gets easier saying no to bad food:rolleyes:

Back