Aspartame

vickililly

I seem to have developed an intolerance to aspartame, feel sick and dizzy after having drinks containing it.

Does anyone else find this, and does anyone know if there are any diet drinks that don't use this? Really don't want to never have a syn free diet drink!

I think the difference between diet coke and coke zero is the sweeteners they use. Can't remember which one uses which.
In the us they did diet coke with Splenda. Don't think they do It here :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Will have to investigate when I go do the shopping later :)

All of Asda own brand are free from artificial stuff and aspartame, they all use sucralose and something else, can't think of the name. Diet coke and coke zero both have it in. Also might be worth you going for caffeine free stuff as I find I am sensitive to that if i have a lot. I am drinking coke zero at the mo, and finding i am getting IBS symptoms again bah!!

Thank you! It's taken 3 Saturday nights of feeling terrible to accept I need to avoid it, so glad there are substitutes out there :)

It is one of my long term goals to stop having it, but I rely on coke zero/diet coke so much for a sweet hit and to fill me up, that if i stopped cold i would end up going off plan. Am sure it doesn't agree with me though as feel much better off it, when i have given it up in the past! I get IBS symptoms and headaches etc!

Back