Astara's diary from day one :)

astara

This whole 'putting on weight' business has been creeping up slowly, and the more it crept the more I ignored! I have got to a point in my life where yo yo just doesn't happen any more, there was a time when I could be 10 stone, then it crept up but was lost again after a life change. Now I fear it wants to stay :mad:. I will be 40 next year, and refuse to be 'fat and 40'!

So after 6 months of procrastination (and looking the other way) I have decided that my 'do it on my own with healthy eating plan' just isn't working. All I need to eat now is a great big bowl of 'kick up the arse' :D

So, today I had my first weight watchers session. I was pleased at the openness of the meeting and the friendliness, as I was a bit nervous. But I left there feeling optimistic and most importantly had some faith in myself. Also, what was a bonus was that my scales at home LIED TO ME! I was actually 9lb lighter than I thought. Those scales are heading for the tip now!

So at 16 stone and 5lb I left there armed with all the info, points buzzing around my head and ready to go.

I am now off to throw the kids leftovers in the bin :rolleyes:

My first day went well (I think!), although the evening munchy monster kicked in and even though I knew it was my head talking and not my stomach it was hard to ignore. This week is a 'hairy' shopping week, in that I had already done it before I got to WW yesterday. So its a case of using what i have. I am still getting my head around the points system and because of that, yesterday I over compensated my points. I found myself when not knowing exactly how many points was in a portion, adding a few extra to be on the safe side. So i'm not totally convinced I got it right, but the intention was there!

Today I have made some soup, carrots, leeks, garlic, salt pepper and an oxo cube. I'm guessing this will count as a zero point soup (if anyone can confirm that would be great!). I plan to have that for lunch and see how I go.

All in all I still feel positive today, just have to beat down those mind hunger pangs ;)

Woke up this morning not hungry! Wooot! Normally i'm starving in the mornings, and have breakfast (at about 6am with the kids before school) and then am hungry again by 10. But this morning a cup of tea was all I needed, and actually didn't eat till lunch. Probably not a good thing but to not have food constantly on my mind was pretty awesome.

I've noticed im going to the loo alot more, so I guess i'm losing water as they say in the first week. All in all so far so good, I don't feel deprived, the 0 point soup for lunch was nice.

I havent spent any of my weekly allowance yet, but tuesday is shopping day (and weigh in day) so I have earmarked that to try a new weightwatchers recipe and share a bottle of wine with my other half. A few weeks ago it would have been a bottle of port, large steak and stilton and probably a cream sauce! The thought of that now actually makes me feel a bit sick, so good things must be happening in my brain too!

Day 4! Normally at day 4ish of a diet I'm hoofing it down the shops to arm myself with chocolate and wine in total defeat and 'one last blow-out' before I do it for real next week lol But not today, I feel fine :)

I did have a stressful phone call this morning, which also normally would have had me opening the fridge, but I've managed to control it. I have used some of my weekly allowance today, I had far too much cheddar (far too much in WW world) on my chilli tonight, but I reckon I have room for manoeuvre.

I LOVE how if you have a naughty moment, its not all ruined and therefore the guilt doesn't set in.

However, I haven't exercised much this week, the weather has been rubbish and I've been holed up in my room painting, so I'm expecting a small loss on Tuesday. (I hope)

Thank you daisy :) I think the real test will be from tomorrow, as this last week has been the week before payday, so my willpower will be tested this week! :D

Day 6! can't believe I made it this far lol. Although it has been the 'week before payday' so my will power has had a helping hand. I'm both excited and nervous about my first weigh in tomorrow, I feel I have lost something, not so bloated and feel like I have more energy. Although today is (supposed) to be TOM and from previous experience (lipotrim-yuck) I have always STS on that week. So we will see. I have planned tomorrow night to cook a meal for me and the OH including a bottle of wine to share (on eve of first weigh in so hopefully it wont impact too much on the next one lol). I spotted the tandoori chicken here on the recipe page, so that's what we will have.

Its actually quite refreshing to look forward to a nice meal and some wine, rather than grabbing a bottle from the rack after a stressful day!

Am sure you will do well with your wi,bet you and the OH will enjoy the meal and wine :0) I think WW makes you realise eating and drinking habits!

Oh crikey yes it does! I can't tell you how many times this week I have thought back (over the last 10 years) at my old eating habits and said to myself; bloody hell no wonder I got fat!

Its the things that you don't think about that makes the weight creep up, I would think nothing of opening a bottle of wine (or two) on a Friday, with crisps and full fat dips! And portion size-that seems to creep up and up lol :rolleyes:

Good luck for tomorrow!
I love dip and crisps, could easily eat a big sharing bag, how bad is that!

Yea when we are eating big etc we tend to either not realise/think about it or ignore it but being on WW makes you think twice!

Well my first week done! I have to admit I was a little worried, mostly because I haven't felt like I've been dieting, and I was thinking i couldn't possibly be doing this right :/ But 5lb down and I am really pleased :)

Well done on 5lb off,Thats a amazing weight loss! Yup that's the best thing about WW ... It's a change of lifestyle.. Not a diet ;0) I bet you're buzzing about you're weight loss!

Hi Astara

how are you?

just caught up on your diary! seems like your doing really well and 5lb loss on your first week is soo gd! well done!!! you must be over the moon.

btw i am with you on the crisps and dips!!! Sharing bags arent made to share with yourself right?! hehe! actually i've never checked the points on them!!! would be interesting.....but too scary i think i'll pass haha!!

anyways here to follow :)

Em xxx

Hi Em, Thanks for the follow :)

Good week so far, although I had 2 large glasses of wine on Tuesday night (which came out of my allowance) so I'm terrified its knocked the weightloss on the head this week. I suppose because it doesn't feel like i'm dieting my brain is telling me I'm not!

Made some lovely soup last night, roasted vegetables (peppers, onions, squash, carrots and garlic) whizzed it up and managed to catch my blender on fire :eek:. Its the 2nd one I have trashed, I'm not good around electric things! So next week, soup may be more of a stew lol

Yesterday I hardly ate anything (I had an art college interview so was nervous as hell, and yes I have a place on an access course woot! :clap:) but I really wasn't hungry so not going to stress about it today-or try to catch up lol.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far :)

Back