At a loss, and not a weight loss

Silence

Bouncing back
I am well and truly at a loss. I just don't know what to do....

Like a lot of people on here, I've been over weight for most of my life - we're talking 12 out of the 22... and I'm just so fed up. Like everyone I've tried a lot of diets and fallen off the wagon at some point, whether three hours or three days later, with the exception of a couple.
I managed to stick a transition from South Beach into healthy eating for close to two months (a very good run for me) and I've fallen off the wagon and now I feel so disheartened, so weak, and like such a failure that I can't restart. I've tried to do a restart for nigh on a week now and I can't even get through the day.

I have this list of reasons why I want to lose weight, I know that I want to, I know that I need to, but I just cannot do it. The list just seems like its for another person, and I feel like I'm never ever ever going to be even remotely thin. It's just meaningless words on paper when I feel like I need to comfort eat and it doesn't matter, its irrelevant. I can't say I want to be thin more than I want chocolate because I don't feel like I am ever going to be thin. As for willpower... its, well, non-existant at the moment.

I don't know what to do... :sigh: I really just feel hopeless. :cry:

hi
read your post and not sure what to say but hang in there. maybe theres something emotionally/ psychologically stopping you... only you would know. you clearly want to lose weight so try not to worry too much and if your not ready for a diet as such, how about introducing small changes to your diet or lifestyle that might just be a small but steady start?
Good luck in whatever you decide
take care
x

If you're not in the right head space for this, there's no point forcing it. You've had some major life changes recently, and you're having to adapt to living in a foreign country, away from friends and family. Don't underestimate the stress you're under. As Sabina said, it sounds like there're some psychological barriers too. What your father said about never being thin is one of those!

Be gentle with yourself. Accept where you are in your life, and who you are now.

Warm hugs :hug99:

Hi

I know exactly how you feel. I also have been overweight for most of my life and when I fail at my diets I punish myself and feel such a failure for not being able to diet. However, you really shouldn't feel like that. Being thin is not the answer to everything and trust me I know some really miserable thin people!!!!

I posted a post on here earlier about a similar thing and why I haven't got the motivation to slim and people have said you have to be in the right place and your mind has to be on it or it won't work! So I have decided that if my mind isn't there I am going to stop beating myself up!

Good luck and I hope you feel better about it soon.
Katiexx

Back