At my target weight, should I stay in Foundation???

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Gail1981, 9 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Gail1981

Gail1981 Member

Hi everyone!
    Well I started LL on 28th October and I'm in week 11 of Foundation (I think) so far I've lost 3 stone 2lb :)
    I started off weighing 13 stone 4lb and now I'm 10 stone 2lb my bmi is now 24.28
    I really wanted to reach 10 stone 4lb that was my target, I've gone from a size 16 to a size 10 and I'm really really happy!!

The only problem is that my foundation group has 3 more weeks to go and I really want to stay with my group as they are all lovely and really supportive, I know that all of them are going to development apart from me, I will go straight to management

I was thinking about trying to lose 9lb more so I'm 9 and a half stone by the end of foundation but I'm not sure if I'll look too thin??

Any ideas would be gratley appriciated
    Thanks Gail x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. RecoveringChocaholic

RecoveringChocaholic I'm going to be slim

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Can't answer your question for you
    but just wanted to say a great big
  4. Gail1981

Gail1981 Member

Thanks for the kind replies :)

Last Straw- I must admit I'm really happy with my weight now and really dont want to lose much more..... but I would love to be under 10 stone which I've never been (well since I was about 15)

Ive really struggled to get back on it after christmas (I ate for 3 days) so I am quite looking foward to management and being able to eat again :)
  5. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Lighter Life
    We had a couple of people in my foundation group who began RTM on week 12 but they kept coming to our group (just weren't allowed to talk about food!)
    Personally, I wish I'd got my weight down a little bit more before I went onto management as it would have given me a little more flexibility-especially over Christmas! But it's a very individual thing so just go with whatever feels right :)
  6. catznolan

catznolan nearly there!! :)

lost over 60 lbs with ll
    i too think its ur choice. if u really 100% dont want to go any further, then talk to ur llc, but make the decision ur least likely to regret at the end of it all.

would u always think"a bugger why didnt i go them extra couple of weeks"? xxx
  7. Gail1981

Gail1981 Member

Thanks everyone for the great advice,
    I'm going to go to class on wednesday and than see how I feel then,

I think I'm finding it so hard after christmas I'm just wanting to eat all the time (I havent though :))
    I know that even on management I wont be able to eat what I want

I was dreading the weigh in last wednesday as I ate over christmas but then was abstinent for a week and a half before WI, I really suprised myself and lost 7lb :D so I was on a high and felt really good as it brought me over my 3 stone target

ever since wednesday I've felt really deppressed and every time someone says you look really thin it embarresses me :eek: and I thought it would make me feel really good??

Sorry for the long post :)
  8. scotwannabethin

scotwannabethin Back to the grindstone!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    W8 as need to lose so I can TTC!!!
    Well done! Your loss is wonderful and it's good that you are happy where you are.
    I did LL back two years ago and found that my body was telling me when it was ready to go back to food. I couldn't think of anything else and that was after almost 7 months of abstinance.
    I think that losing a small amount more to give you that cushion isn't a bad plan but at the end of the day you need to do what is best for you.
    It is wonderful in the foundation class and I miss the fun and games we used to get up to although a few of the woman are still close friends!
    Good luck in RTM when you get there!!!!
  9. loula

loula Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Huge well done on your weight loss - must feel amazing to be wearing size 10s!

Loula xx
  10. Nellyphant

Nellyphant Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Well done on getting to goal and in size 10's!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.