At what age should one use anti-ageing products?

Discussion in 'CD Off Topic' started by salchichi, 29 April 2010 Social URL.

1. salchichi

salchichi Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    hi all,
    just wondered if someone could shed light on the question above. ohh and the best creams around. btw i have asked the question coz a friend said by mid twenties its good to start using anti-ageing products many thanks.

sal

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't think you're ever too young to look after your skin. I think it's best to use a product which is made especially for your age group.

My daughter is an Avon rep so I use all their anti ageing products and love them. I wouldn't buy them if they weren't any good.

4. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    I recently started using moisteriser since becoming diabetic as any cuts or abrasions can take a long while to heal but other than that have never used any of these fancy creams, I think they are just a waste of money, and nobody will ever change my mind on that.
    Thankfully my family does have an inheritance of generations of beautiful soft skin so at the age of 75 I think I'm not so bad.:D

5. salchichi

salchichi Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    thanks Emma ur lucky u have good skin. i agree with u some of the creams are a total waste of money....but am a fun of boots no.7 serum now.

6. White Tulip

White Tulip Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st2lb(25.9%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet, Soul Source
    Isn't there an Aldi one which was being raved about last year and is incredibly cheap? I can't remember the name though unfortunately.

7. salchichi

salchichi Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    yes the lacura... they say its better than boots but then i cant use that coz its for mature skin and am in my mid twenties hence choosing boots which does it as just the serum and an intense version again 4 mature skin. btw aldi have really good moisturisers for the body.

8. Style-Queen

Style-Queen Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating
    A good sunscreen is the best thing you can do for your skin anti-ageing wise.
    I've used many different skincare brands from Creme De La Mer and La Prairie down to simple and the body shop.
    I now like to use skincare as natural and organic as possible, with a bit of good science thrown in!
    Neals Yard is a fave at the min, but I change depending on my mood and skin, which can be sensitive and oily at the same time.
    The body shop vitamin E oil is a god-send, as is Sarah Chapmans 'overnight facial'.
    Good cleansing and exfoliation will help the skin repair itself better and absorb treatments.
    I also use a clarisonic brush to help cleanse my skin thoroughly.

9. Jesca

Jesca Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    23st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with style-queen, keep out of the sun and keep hydrated, beyond that I think it's down to good genes. I have always thought that the bog-standard olay fluid is one of the best moisturisers around.

Any anti-ageing stuff only has a temporary effect, something like lines caused by sun damage is far deeper down than any cream can go, so prevention is better than cure. Having said that, I am a big fan of protect and perfect because it does make my skin look and feel loads better blemish wise, so I feel a lot younger.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.