At what age should one use anti-ageing products?

salchichi

hi all,
just wondered if someone could shed light on the question above. ohh and the best creams around. btw i have asked the question coz a friend said by mid twenties its good to start using anti-ageing products many thanks.

sal

I recently started using moisteriser since becoming diabetic as any cuts or abrasions can take a long while to heal but other than that have never used any of these fancy creams, I think they are just a waste of money, and nobody will ever change my mind on that.
Thankfully my family does have an inheritance of generations of beautiful soft skin so at the age of 75 I think I'm not so bad.:D

thanks Emma ur lucky u have good skin. i agree with u some of the creams are a total waste of money....but am a fun of boots no.7 serum now.

Isn't there an Aldi one which was being raved about last year and is incredibly cheap? I can't remember the name though unfortunately.

yes the lacura... they say its better than boots but then i cant use that coz its for mature skin and am in my mid twenties hence choosing boots which does it as just the serum and an intense version again 4 mature skin. btw aldi have really good moisturisers for the body.

A good sunscreen is the best thing you can do for your skin anti-ageing wise.
I've used many different skincare brands from Creme De La Mer and La Prairie down to simple and the body shop.
I now like to use skincare as natural and organic as possible, with a bit of good science thrown in!
Neals Yard is a fave at the min, but I change depending on my mood and skin, which can be sensitive and oily at the same time.
The body shop vitamin E oil is a god-send, as is Sarah Chapmans 'overnight facial'.
Good cleansing and exfoliation will help the skin repair itself better and absorb treatments.
I also use a clarisonic brush to help cleanse my skin thoroughly.

I agree with style-queen, keep out of the sun and keep hydrated, beyond that I think it's down to good genes. I have always thought that the bog-standard olay fluid is one of the best moisturisers around.

Any anti-ageing stuff only has a temporary effect, something like lines caused by sun damage is far deeper down than any cream can go, so prevention is better than cure. Having said that, I am a big fan of protect and perfect because it does make my skin look and feel loads better blemish wise, so I feel a lot younger.

Back