At what point will this time be different?

Margery Dawe

Silver Member
Over the last 4-5 years, I have lost 2st and gained two stone a few times!

I KNOW that this time will be different, but at the moment in the back of my head I am thinking 'here we go again'.

I know that when I finally get into the 12 stone bracket that will change to 'this REALLY is the time I am going to do it' and feel very positive.

What was/will be your point when your point of view will change?

i think when i get past my lowest EVER weight (from slimming previously) - which is am still 2 stone away from at the moment......then i will know ive won my battle this time...i feel the same as you, been here, done that got the tee shirt etc. Its hard to get past the mental block of a previous failed attempt.

I love SW and im doing this now....no giving up or excuses, i am a focused loser!!!! :D

I dont know if i will get there this year, but i totally will get there in 2011. Without a shadow of doubt!

Believe in yourself and you can do it!

x

Tricky isn't it. As it can be so hard to put your finger on the reason everything's different now it makes you wonder if it'll change back.:cry:

I've had these thoughts recently, if only I knew what clicked in my head I'd be able to keep hold of it easier. Not sure of the answer though as it's lots of little things. Once I've get to the weight I was when I married I'll feel amazing. I was actually 20 stone then but felt pretty healthy, my weight wasn't much of an issue I guess I carried it fairly well or something. I'm hoping reaching that goal will be the kick I need to be thinner than I've ever been. Impossible to picture though so it's tricky.

My mindset completely changed when I got to target, for the first time ever and looked back at my photos.

I've lost weight before but always put it back on so went through the "here I go again" mindset too.

Once I reached target that was it, there's no way I'm ever gaining the weight again!

I dont think ive ever been past 3-4 weeks of attending a group I find i get to week 3 * week and go off track and never get back to it, so this time I promised my self i will get to my eldest son's birthday on 17 july and will carry on going to group and sticking to it for the 10 weeks from now till them and then i will tally up what ive lost and pat myself on the back and then go for my anniversary 18 weeks after that and do the same and then do it till my birthday in march etc till im at target, so I reckon getting to the first 10 week target will be my habit broken...

I haven't actually ever dieted as such in the past - so can't really say I have felt the whole been there done that feeling - BUT I can say for me seeing what I have acieved, I am NOT going to let myself get to where I was before either.

The way I view SW is it is a life style change & It is one I am really happy about & am enjoying. I can not for the life of me imagine eating the way i did previous to SW. Don't get me wrong I wasn't a take away addict or junk food addict - but did mix the wrong foods together & totally over indulge in chocolate & crisps, something I do feel I am winning the battle with.

I enjoy the new style of cooking aswell & so can't see me going back to old ways.

Only time will tell I guess - but I am in my head definatly doing this for the long haul - its not a quick fix IMO :)

I just want to get back to my club 10 target, which is where I got to before I went off track last year. It's been more than 6 months since I re-started back in October and I'm not even a stone down and it's kind of disheartening. So I think first stone off will be a relief, then club 10 target after that :) and I won't feel like I'm not getting anywhere after that

I was an habitual dieter...tried them all. I had a gb fitted as my last option (decided against a bypass!).
Now almost 8 and a half stone lighter I cant ever imagine being the size I was ever again....and to be honest its not going to happen!
I am struggling to remember being that size, but hopefully this evening my Mum is going to provide me with a visual reminder (a pair of my old trousers).....watch out for the photos!

I have lost weight before, and gained it again....
Even my family have a 'well let's see if you can stick to it THIS TIME' attitude, although my fella is VERY supportive.
I lost 4 stones last year but then seemed to totally fall off the wagon, and now I've gained some back so that my actual loss atm is 2.5 stones. I feel very ashamed of myself, but am pleased that I'm able to do something about it before I regained the whole lot!
Will this time be different? Hopefully, but we'll see.

I think for me, it's a different view of the world. like you i've put on/lost two stone, over the past 5 years, on and off on and off. but this is the first diet ever where i've ever even considered losing more than 2 stone! so that for me shows my attitude has changed because it's not hard on this diet.

also, i now realise my slim friends aren't just 'lucky' like i've always considered them to be. they are all concious of their bodies and their health and monitor what they eat. none of them 'diet' but they are all health concious.

i realise now that even when i get to target i will forever have to watch/monitor what i put in my body and i also realise now that 'most' people who are slim do this automatically without realising it, it's just the way they are and that's going to be me too.

god - ive been there, bot the book and bought the t-shirt!
However, this time I have defo had the lightbulb moment.
Ive always in the past 'cheated' if i knew i wasnt going to weigh in etc, but realise now - who was i cheating except myself?!
Ive worked too hard this time to put it all back on. I look at pictures now of when i was at my heaviest and think who was that girl! and how did i allow that to happen?

I know I will never be that size ever again, and enjoy looking forward to my weigh in weekly now safe in the knowledge I have stuck to plan, not because i have to, but because i choose to.

i realise now that even when i get to target i will forever have to watch/monitor what i put in my body and i also realise now that 'most' people who are slim do this automatically without realising it, it's just the way they are and that's going to be me too.

This is so true lou. I still see the cakes and treats when I go for a coffee and have to choose not to have them, naturally slim, non-dieting people don't even see them. That's the difference.

Great post hun. x

thanks hon, it's something i've come to realise over time.
i think we tell ourselves so often we're dieting that all we do is look for things we can't have. hopefully eventually we'll just not even see them and be happy and naturally be healthier :)

Back