At which stage do you re-introduce carbs into your diet?

RuthG

Gold Member
I'm going to be doing a speedy increase in the steps in the run up to my holiday in December, so that I don't go from SS to full on eating on holiday (thinking re-introducing food over 10 days, have holiday, then get back to SS after to carry on losing weight). The last 3 days I've eaten every day, as I've had a bit of a meltdown (had chicken tikka (dry) and salad, one poppadom on Friday, Joes slimming world sausages, scrambled eggs and tinned toms on Sat, then chicken and tuna salad, one onion bhaji and two choc chip cookies yesterday.) My digestive system is really suffering now, and I'd hate to be like this on holiday. I'm thinking of going from SS to 810 for 2 days, then 1000 cals for 2 days. then 1200 cals for 3 days, then 1500 cals, hoping it won't be too much of a shock to my system.......

I was wondering, at what point do I re-introduce additional carbs?

hi there

dont really have a fixed answer for you. i was away on holiday for 3 weeks ss+ it up to leaving (except a flake ice cream accidentally managed to barge its way past my defences). i took about 6 bars with me and ate them for breakfast and lunch with a meal in the evening. tried to keep dinner higher protein. that worked a treat for me and although i have a sensitive tummy wasn t too disturbed and then just slowly reintroduced carbs. i did try to carb cycle if one day was high carb then the next would be low. still as your stomach is already upset your prob right to have longer beforehand
jx

Thank you :)

If I was self catering I would, but I'm on a cruise around the Caribbean and intend on putting on at least as stone to get my money's worth, LOL :p I just have no idea what to do for the best. My gut motility is obviously very slow, then with 3 meals over 3 days, I feel like I'm so backed up! (sorry, TMI!)

would taking some something to help you along be of any use? senna is fairly gentle. im more the other end of the spectrum so to speak;)

I've had super gut busting laxative for the last couple of days, gonna called Dyno-Rod tomorrow, lol!

Back