Ate More, Lost Weight. Ate Less, Gained!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Dramatic_Star, 1 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Dramatic_Star

Dramatic_Star Calorie Counter

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(18.3%)
    Diet:
    Low calorie
    Recently started maintaining on calorie counting. I've decided to just roughly calorie count & monitor my weightloss.

Anyway, the last week (the first of maintainance) I've put on roughly a pound. I wasn't too bothered as I heard this often happens a lot to begin with. Last night, I had a really bad night. Drank too much which led to the munchies (Haagen Daaz icecream with a Kit Kat Senses & yoghurt covered raisens). Weighed myself this morning & I've lost!

Just don't understand. This happened a lot throughout my diet. Bad days would lead to weightloss not gain, which isn't great for the old motivation.

Could it be giving my metabolism a kick up the bum?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vickydink

vickydink Determined!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(26.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Possibly but i have learnt to not go off the next days weight loss. Like what they say with exercise, it doesnt really show on the scales until 48hours later, not the following day...

4. NIC68

NIC68 wants to get super fit!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.18%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    I'm with Vicky on this one - there's no way that would show up the next day. As Vicky knows I'm a great believer in only weighing yourself once a week so as to give a truer picture of what your food intake that week has done to your weight. I can actually be a whole week behind sometimes - lose after a really bad week, then the following week after being good sts! It just doesn't always make sense does it!

5. Catherine_UK

Catherine_UK Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.65%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

My names Catherine and I’m new to this forum.

I know exactly how you feel, it's very confusing and frustrating.

Sometimes I put on weight when I've eaten healthy all week. I think the body fluctuates so much (especially for women with their cycle) that you only get a true weight loss on the amount you loose monthly.

Saying that I do have an awful habit of getting on the scales every morning. I just can’t help myself!

6. MiniCake

MiniCake ~*~ Always Petite ~*~

Start Weight:
    9st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    6st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(7.03%)
    Diet:
    Alot of hard work...
    That happens to me alot, but I do not maintain the sudden weight loss from binging...D: but it is rather confusing!!!

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    There's a number of reasons that this happens ie NEAT, TEF and fat cells filling with water until you eat more again.

The 'reduce calories to lose fat' principles still is the only way to go, whatever the scales may report ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.