aternative food

gemma_

Silver Member
sorry wasnt sure where post this, sorry if someone as to move it :(

I love minted lamb chops (made like it from butchers) but i wouldn't like start looking at synage for them (my fav bit was the fat on them :eek:)

anywayas anyone found an alterntive to this yummy food?that taste really similar, im not really a cook with imagination so hoping someone knows :)

thankyou

You can buy extra trimmed racks of lamb at Waitrose, its really lean and incredibly tender, and make your own!

You can buy extra trimmed racks of lamb at Waitrose, its really lean and incredibly tender, and make your own!

how would i do minted bit? thankyou for reply guess where i'm going lol

I make my own mint sauce..

1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1 cup malt vinegar
1tbs sweetener (or add to taste)

Bring vinegar to a simmer in a small saucepan, add sweetener and chopped leaves. Simmer for about 20 minutes to infuse. Add more sugar or add a little water to taste, depending on how strong or how sweet you want the sauce.

Store in a small jar/tub in the fridge til ready to use.

When I want to marinade chops, I make up a stock, with knorr lamb cubes and add the mint sauce to it, and it soooooo good, and best of all FREE!

1 cup malt vinegar

Bring vinegar to a simmer in a small saucepan, add sweetener and chopped leaves. Simmer for about 20 minutes to infuse. Add more sugar or add a little water to taste, depending on how strong or how sweet you want the sauce.

When I want to marinade chops, I make up a stock, with knorr lamb cubes and add the mint sauce to it, and it soooooo good, and best of all FREE!

thankyou so much this been great help well chuffed theres something :) i fancy it so much with baby potatoes and veg now im hungry :8855:

1 cup malt vinegar

its not even 11am and i am drooling for chops now lol

Waitrose do an "Easy Cook Range" They do A lamb Rump with a Balsamic & Mint Crust, It is absolutely gorgeous, and free on red days! It tastes really naughty and not like "Diet" food at all!
I have no idea how on earth its free but thats what SW say and im not gonna argue cos they blooming delicious!!

thankyou so much this been great help well chuffed theres something :) i fancy it so much with baby potatoes and veg now im hungry :8855:

You could also make a syn free gravy!

Cook lots of sliced red onion in some frylight spray, until nice and golden and then add stock (as per stock cube instructions). Pour it over the onions and then let it simmer away for a bit on a low heat, till it reduces. Then if you blend half the mixture it will thicken it up slightly.

Add the syn free mint sauce to the gravy and you have a lush minted gravy to pour on the top!

Back