Atkins and exersize

Geetwo

Hey again!

I also wondered how many people are exercising and how often etc?

One of the main reasons for changing from vlcd was I only had enough strength to get through the day, and my job can be physically demanding so left me feeling dead. I have my induction into a local gym tonight which I'm looking forward to although I sneaked in on Friday and did half an hour of cardio and was knackered so think I might be maimed after my workout tonight! Apparently my trainer "breaks you" ha ha

I also found when I lost 7 stone in 2008 on vlcd I looked gaunt and weak, I don't want that again! I was muscles of some form and some definition :)

and yes I put the 7 back on .. In 2 years due to going back on carbs incorrectly and going nuts with a slim figure and out partying and living it up with lots of attention I just wasn't ready for - it's clear unless the issues of why you put weight on or overrated are addressed first you are likely to fail! But I've learned from my mistakes and this time nothing on this earth will stop me getting to where I want to be free of this cage :)

All the best
Stu

Hi Stu and welcome

It's a bit quiet here at the moment, but there will be lots of people coming by to say hi soon :)

A lot of people here doing l/c also do exercise - a whole range of things - zumba, bells, and other stuff I blatantly ignore, as the forum's official Lazy Sod :D - so have a good read of Busy's thread, for example, she's losing weight and toning too :)

haha thanks :) i managedto get through my induction at the gym on monday which was MUCH more intense than i was expecting and the PT simply broke me lol! .. but i durvived and although a bit achy i feel fine and energy level good! just wanting the scale to go DOWN not up! haha but its only been a week and ive put it down to my body adjusting from VLCD shakes to this!

i will haea nosey at busys thread thanks ! love the batman cat btw :)

love the batman cat btw :)

LOL thanks - I blatantly stole it off FB a while back :)

One other thing I can recommend, I have a Leslie Sansone in-house walking DVD - you can get different distances from 1 mile up to 5, I think - just in case you fancy a change from the gym - but you're doing fabulously! :)

LOL thanks - I blatantly stole it off FB a while back :)

One other thing I can recommend, I have a Leslie Sansone in-house walking DVD - you can get different distances from 1 mile up to 5, I think - just in case you fancy a change from the gym - but you're doing fabulously! :)

I really though this was our lil'orbs.

Exercise is the best! It's a great boost mentally as well as physically, and a great way to tone as you go. There's so much out there as well so it's not hard to find something you enjoy.

Btw vlcd's are awful and IMHO mess your head and metabolism in the long run. LC is a much more sensible.

I really though this was our lil'orbs.

Naw this is our lil Orbs - such a poseur - but I love her :)

I think if she saw the Batcat she'd run a mile :D

On boxes1.jpg

thanks Busy, its weird ive always HATED exersize, had a lazy mindset generally but its like a switch has gone off in my head and ive realised that in order to get the body and lifestyle i want i have to really put in the effort!

Im also looking forward to it.. after trying to take the easy way out in 2008 and loosing 7 odd stone with VLCD and no exersize i was weak and looked gaunt, my bones sort of visible in places!! (got down to 12 stone 9 following the BMI chart thing wow that chart is SO wrong!) but like bridge of my nose, wrist shoulders.. i just looked a wreck lol.. but i was happy to be slim! i was not ready mentally though that was the problem, i hadnt a clue who i was seeing in the mirror and also people just seem to treat you differently, they would engage with me more, and more attention etc which is sad really!..

but i went nuts living it up and the carbs creeped back along with alcohol and parties! the result was 2 years later it was all back on as is not an uncommon story!..needless to say its was a unforgettable 2 years! .. VLCD diets DO work however they are not sustainable. I have been trying on and off for years till now really to get back on track, doing a month on VLCD and breaking it, or doing VLCD and then having high fat/protien meals in the evening due to cravings and hunger which i think really confused my body!! i would loose up to a stone then put it back on! .. but i also just felt so weak!.. now finally.. my energy is coming back! .. im still sore from my gym induction which was brutal! but im set to go again tommorrow.. i think ive gone a bit off tangent here, i tend to do that haha.. its a long road, but all we have is time :)

Phew! 2 pounds down this morning and I stuffed myself yesterday so all good !! energy also seriously increasing! I had ALL my work done today by 12pm! boom! Atkins power ha ha :) keep strong :)

Sounds like you finally found the diet that suits you! Have you tried that bullet proof coffee yet? Atkins had left me feeling drained but since I discovered that stuff I have loads of energy. With that stuff in your arsenal, you can go strong through out the day and in your workout too. Coffee with butter and mcg oil/coconut oil. 'milky',frothy and yum! I use 20g oil and 40g butter to a cuppa.

Hey FTW

Thanks, and no not yet ! I need to buy a blender to give the coffee a go ! sounds weird but I love coffee and have 2 a day which uses up most of my cream allowance., so how do you actually make it ? :)

I make my coffee as normal and measure in large jug, 20g oil (can use mct oil or coconut oil) n 40g butter, add coffee and whiz with wand mixer (but can use blender if u take out middle plastic bit 'cause it's hot!) for about 10 seconds. Turns out like below, yum! No cream! Someone on here else gave me this recipe, but Google to get more info if u want!

Attachments

• 1375730185709.jpg
    1375730185709.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 59
Awesome thanks will give it a go :)

It's the thought of butter in coffee !! :S :)

Back