Atkins Bars

Tracyx

Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

I don't follow the Atkins diet i am on a VLCD but my diet plan allows me to eat a low carb snack bar each day, my usual snackbars are out of stock so I was going to try using Atkins bars.

I bought a few bars today but noticed the bars called ADVANTAGE say they can be used as a meal replacement but the ENDULGE bars don't so is there a difference?

I assumed they where all just snackbars but are some snackbars & some meal replacement bars?

Thanks
Tracyx

The endulge bars are really just treats; I think they have little or no nutritional value! The Advantage bars, on the other hand, are high in protein and can be used as meal replacement bars. They are also very nice - especially the chocolate brownie one!

Thankyou so much, that would make sense as the advantage ones are a lot higher in calories but seem much larger than the Endulge bars eg 35g v's 60g bars.

It would make sense for me to stick to Advantage bars then and use then as a meal replacement rather than just eating the snackbars full of empty calories.

I am a little worried about the carb content though as the chocolate brownie one says 16g of carbs / 3g of net carbs is this high? as I dont want kicked out of ketosis for a choc bar :(.

Last edited:
To be honest with you i'd avoid Atkins bars. Most are loaded with Maltitol (GI of 36...)

Thanks for the advice J2Blue but I've only being doing low carb for 2 weeks so is maltitol and a GI of 36 bad?

Also am I right I saying that to calculate carbs we should just count the total carbs minus fibre? I have a snack bar that has 18g carbs but 8g fibre so do I just count it as 10g carbs?

Thanks x

Last edited:
Back