Atkins Induction - Supplements?

garmcqui2

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I've been on Atkins induction for 10 days now, and have lost nearly 12lb, so it's going well. I've had a good read through the forum but I still have a few questions about supplements if thats ok?

At the minute I'm taking 3 supplements:

1. Psyllium Husk Capsules
I couldn't find loose husks, so these are all I have. I'd imagine they're the same stuff? These are 3 grams per capsule - so how many of them should I be taking per day? At the minute I'm taking them as per the label, which says 2 capsules three times per day, yet I'm still not regular.

2. High Strength Omega 3+6+9 Capsules
These contain:
Linseed (Flaxseed) Oil 800mg
Sesame Oil 75mg
Rice Bran Oil 75mg
Evening Primrose Oil 20mg
Sunflower Seed Oil 20mg
Leithin 10mg
Rosemary Oil 1mg
Providing:
Omega 3 - 263mg
Omega 6 - 128mg
Omega 9 - 26mg

Is this a suitable supplement? Or is there something better I should be taking? I couldn't help noticing the ingredients contain "Triglycerides" - I thought these were bad?

3. A-Z Multivitimin Capsules
These contain:
Vitamin A 800mcg
Vitamin D 5mcg
Vitamin E 10mg
Vitamin C 60mg
Thiamin (B1) 1.4mg
Riboflavin (B2) 1.6mg
Niacin 18mg
Vitamin B6 2mg
Folic Acid 200mcg
Vitamin B12 1.0mcg
Biotin 150mcg
Pantothenic Acid 6mg
Calcium 200mg
Iron 14mg
Magnesium 100mg
Zinc 15mg
Iodine 150mcg
Vitamin K 20mcg
Copper 1000mcg
Manganese 1mg
Chromium 25mcg
Selinium 25mcg
Potassium 40mg
Chloride 36mg

Again, these contain pretty much every vitimin and mineral I've heard of, but they do contain Iron (I found it very hard to find a complete multivitimin that didn't). What else do you recommend?

And finally, is there anything else that I should be taking?

Thanks, looking forward to your replies.

Gareth

Hi and welcome
well done on your loss so far!
Not sure about supplements, I just take a 1 a day multi when I remember! Oh and flax seed.
Good luck

Those 3 look good to me... I would also suggest cod liver oil capsules too.

Well done on yr loss so far & welcome to our little Atkins community. x

Hi Gareth and welcome, nice to see another bloke around, not many of us here mate. :)

Hi Gareth, welcome to a great site - supplements look good to me:)

Again, these contain pretty much every vitimin and mineral I've heard of, but they do contain Iron (I found it very hard to find a complete multivitimin that didn't).

Does Iron affect the losses then as I take a multivitamin with extra iron in?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I've been on Atkins induction for 10 days now, and have lost nearly 12lb, so it's going well. I've had a good read through the forum but I still have a few questions about supplements if thats ok?

At the minute I'm taking 3 supplements:

1. Psyllium Husk Capsules
I couldn't find loose husks, so these are all I have. I'd imagine they're the same stuff? These are 3 grams per capsule - so how many of them should I be taking per day? At the minute I'm taking them as per the label, which says 2 capsules three times per day, yet I'm still not regular.

2. High Strength Omega 3+6+9 Capsules
These contain:
Linseed (Flaxseed) Oil 800mg
Sesame Oil 75mg
Rice Bran Oil 75mg
Evening Primrose Oil 20mg
Sunflower Seed Oil 20mg
Leithin 10mg
Rosemary Oil 1mg
Providing:
Omega 3 - 263mg
Omega 6 - 128mg
Omega 9 - 26mg

Is this a suitable supplement? Or is there something better I should be taking? I couldn't help noticing the ingredients contain "Triglycerides" - I thought these were bad?

3. A-Z Multivitimin Capsules
These contain:
Vitamin A 800mcg
Vitamin D 5mcg
Vitamin E 10mg
Vitamin C 60mg
Thiamin (B1) 1.4mg
Riboflavin (B2) 1.6mg
Niacin 18mg
Vitamin B6 2mg
Folic Acid 200mcg
Vitamin B12 1.0mcg
Biotin 150mcg
Pantothenic Acid 6mg
Calcium 200mg
Iron 14mg
Magnesium 100mg
Zinc 15mg
Iodine 150mcg
Vitamin K 20mcg
Copper 1000mcg
Manganese 1mg
Chromium 25mcg
Selinium 25mcg
Potassium 40mg
Chloride 36mg

Again, these contain pretty much every vitimin and mineral I've heard of, but they do contain Iron (I found it very hard to find a complete multivitimin that didn't). What else do you recommend?

And finally, is there anything else that I should be taking?

Thanks, looking forward to your replies.

Gareth

HI GARETH

Ok- so I havent got that far in the book yet, I presume the above vitamins are the recommended ones,but where do you all recommend to get them from?

Thanks

empy

Ok- so I havent got that far in the book yet, I presume the above vitamins are the recommended ones,but where do you all recommend to get them from?

Thanks

empy

I just got mine from boots, they're doing 3 for price of 2 at the moment x

I take Magnesium Ok (Prevents me killing my hubby once a month and vice versa!)

When I was maintaining over the last 8 yrs I just took a good multivit - I have regular bloods due to heart condition and all have always been ok. I think as long as you vary your diet, and eat your greens a good multi vit is ok - can't remember what the original book recommends tho'

Back