Atkins products

Donnalou86

Striving for slimness
You know how Atkins works using ketosis? Well does that mean theoretically we could have say, and atkins brand chocolate bar instead of one of our LL bars and have it not effect out weight loss? Just they do some amazing looking ones..cookie dough and choc fudge brownie bars!! Was just wondering really.

Atkins - Cookie Dough Bar

They probably wouldn't have the nutrients etc, to make up the third of our daily requirements. But I bet they would taste delish x x

LOL I very much doubt we could have them Donna - we're not that lucky ;)

Donna ... what are you doing to us???!!!!!!!!! My mouth was drooling looking at those bars, sweets .... mmmmm that's not a diet - that's heaven!!!!

LOL see now Bev I didn't even open the page - avoiding temptation I am :)

Atkins products are generally very good on the nutrition. Atkins was a strong advocate of suplements and minerals and they even sell vitamins and other potions. The fat content/claorific value is likely to be too high for a VLCD as neither calories or fat are restricted on Atkins.

ah yes, when I looked at the calories there's 180 in each one that def gonna be a no no on LL. Oh well can dream lol

Actually Donnalou, this is lower than the Carnberry raspberry bar I have just eaten (and it really tasted good today for some reason).

Many of the Atkins bars are 140 kcals or thereabouts though some are 320-340.

They have added vitamins and minerals just like the LL bars do - though I imagine that the levels are different. They are printed on the labels apparently, though I cannot find the info on the net.

I will d some more research as they might be a useful addition to the VLCD diet plan I am going to put tgether for after I have completed RTM.

Don't do it DonnaLou! I did, I thought that I would just have one as it would make a change from my LL bar....not only was I sat on the toilet for about an hour afterwards but it started me off on a month long eatting binge, which I'm still struggling with....from someone that knows.....a really BAD IDEA!!! :)

I wouldn't do it either - but probably worth considering after LL to keep trim.

I saw the bars on ebay too - how funny!

I find them revolting to be honest. YUK!!!

Don't do it DonnaLou! I did, I thought that I would just have one as it would make a change from my LL bar....not only was I sat on the toilet for about an hour afterwards but it started me off on a month long eatting binge, which I'm still struggling with....from someone that knows.....a really BAD IDEA!!! :)

I won't, don't think I would have ever dared stray from the LL plan anyway. I'm the kind of person who sticks to the rules and I wouldn't dare incase it made me put loads of weight on. Plus, don't want to go on a binge, I'm almost there. Guess was just curious about it

Back