Atkins redux...

Just popping in to say hi! I have up on squash, decided I would rather have my morning coffee with the rationed sweetener. Have you tried a filter coffee with pouring cream and sf syrup in Starbucks? That is my treat when I go into town and totally legal :)

Hi teeney! I didn't realise you could get normal cream in coffee at coffee shops? Or is that just at Starbucks? I do love vanilla syrup. I'm going to look for some online so I can have it in my coffees at work. I'm sure there's a brand of s.f. syrups that people keep mentioning on here so i'll have a read and see if I can find it.

I weighed myself last night and was disappointed to find that I'd only lost 1 pound last week despite being really good all week. However, this morning I woke up to find my totm has arrived so that might explain things. When I was doing s.w. I found that when it was my "star" week (as they rather irritatingly called it!), my weight would go up by a pound or 2 which usually dropped off again the following week. Fingers crossed that happens this time.

Yesterday I went to the victory show (highly recommend by the way - an amazing day out). There wasn't anything remotely low carb to eat so I ate...nothing. While all my friends tucked into burgers and pasties, I just sipped on a coffee. Not ideal as I'd got up late and only had one babybel for breakfast so altho a low carb day, it wasn't an ideal way to do it! I basically had no food till I got home at 7. It taught me that I have to be better organised about days out to make sure I have some low carb food with me at all times.

Then today has been a bit of a cheat day. TOTM mixed with having family over for a big Sunday dinner led to me eating some naughty stuff.

So I'm not gonna log my food for the last 2 days as both were bad in their own way. I'll get back on track tomorrow.

Lol when i used to do slimming world i always used to get really mad when they used to start talking about " star" week - i always wanted to shout we're all adults here for god sake just say what you mean!!!

Anyway - I sometimes find I weigh heavy that week - i retain water so i either stay the same or even gain a little but it generally comes straight off the following week. I also find I have a bigger appetite and want to eat more although I do try my best not to x

I always gain with totm too.

Well done on resisting all the carby stuff, see if you can keep some pepperami and cheese sticks in the car for rescue roll ups :)

Well done on still losing a pound, totm considering. Also, remember that you only have about 2st7 to lose and will lose it slower than the likes of me who have nearly 6st7 to go. I sts for a month and was told to watch my veg intake, drink more and more cardio exercise and it worked for me. Hope you see a better result next week. x

Have had a mega busy and stressful week at work. Am so glad it's the weekend! Fingers crossed next week is better (it's not looking as bad at the moment). Managed to just about keep the diet on track but haven't been as good about cooking from scratch. I usually love cooking and find it relaxing but I just haven't been in the mood some evenings. My boyfriend cooked last night and made homemade pizza for himself (which I really really wanted!) and some sausages for me, which weren't the best choice as they were quite carb heavy but at least much less naughty than pizza.

Only lost 1 pound again this week. I think I'm having too much cheese for induction and also the odd slightly naughty thing like those sausages and the odd Atkins bar (i found a yummy new mint one in boots). 1 pound is better than nothing but I'm gonna make much more effort next week to plan meals properly and stick to induction. This early on I know I could be losing more if I stick to the induction rules properly.

Sorry just noticed your reply, all the chain coffee shops will give you cream, think they all use tubs of whipping cream which is best :)

Today was a fairly standard work day. I ate pretty well and managed to nearly avoid all the treats that have suddenly appeared in the office. My will-power failed me for a split second and I popped a piece of maple fudge in my mouth but didn't succumb the quality street, flapjack, chocolate cracknell...etc. so could have been worse.

Yesterday:
B: scrambled eggs and ham
L: chicken and salad with mayo
D: Gannon with red cabbage and spring greens

Today:
B: nothing
L: Gammon and chicken salad and lemon mayo
D: salad with spoonful of homemade Bolognese sauce and cheese
S: ham and soft cheese roll up, piece of maple fudge

Hi Messy, how is it going?

Hi Kat1e, things are going pretty well with me thanks. Although I haven't really written much down, I've stuck to the diet and lost 2 lbs this week, which I'm really pleased with.

I've been reading through your diary and find your story really motivational. You really stuck to this woe and it showed in your near constant losses. Congrats!

Sitting down watching the great British bake off - why do I do this to myself! I want brioche!

I've been good so far this week. Went out for lunch today at an Italian restaurant and resisted the pizza and stuck with a chicken salad that was actually very tasty. Also avoided dessert and had a cappuccino.

Yesterday's menu:
B: coffee with soya milk
L: chicken and bacon salad with mayo
D: more chicken and salad
S: mattesons sausage, salami

Today:
B: coffee with soya milk
L: chicken and parmesan salad, cappuccino
D: pork, pepper and onion kebabs with satay marinade and baby spinach
S: mint atkins bar

Feeling pretty positive right now. I feel like I've got a handle on my eating - I may not always be 100% and lose every week but at least I've stopped putting on weight. I used to really worry that my weight would just keep going up and up and I'd never get a grip on it. At least I don't have that worry anymore.

Oh no, my favourite person's just been chucked out of bake off!

Feeling pretty positive right now. I feel like I've got a handle on my eating - I may not always be 100% and lose every week but at least I've stopped putting on weight. I used to really worry that my weight would just keep going up and up and I'd never get a grip on it. At least I don't have that worry anymore.

I know exactly what you mean Messy - I find the low carb WOE makes me mellow - I know if I do it it will work, I know if I cheat it won't work, but (most importantly) I then know it'll work again when I restart. :)

I know exactly what you mean Messy - I find the low carb WOE makes me mellow - I know if I do it it will work, I know if I cheat it won't work, but (most importantly) I then know it'll work again when I restart. :)

What she said^^^ - i think :)

What a week of temptations last week was! I ended up going for loads of meals out with various people and stuck to salads or meat with salad on the side at each one, followed by a coffee instead of dessert. Was very pleased with myself for staying on track so was a bit disappointed when the scales showed no loss yesterday. However I guess that although I chose the most Atkins friendly food on the menu at my meals out, I don't actually know that it was proper low-carb (e.g. sugar in the salad dressing) plus those cappuccinos I had for desserts were all real milk which isn't great. So on reflection I guess I shouldn't really be surprised at no weight loss. It could have easily turned into a big gain week if I'd fallen off the wagon early in the week!

Unfortunately, I was feeling a bit less positive last night and used it as an excuse to go on a bit of a carb-fest! I went for a curry with a friend and, instead of the virtuous chicken shashlik I had planned, I went for a lamb passanda and the whole works. I'm talking popadoms, rice, naan, mango chutney. Basically heaven on a plate as far as I'm concerned! I woke up this morning feeling very guilty and chucked the doggy bag of leftovers I brought home straight in the bin.

Thankfully no more meals out on the horizon so normal eating will resume from today.

Well done on the sts week - you are right that is fab for lots of outings! Amazing how our own heads sabotage us though - so get back on track with lots of water x

Messy you did the right thing chucking out the leftovers and getting right back on track. Hopefully this week you'll see a loss - sounds like you handled all the meals out really well! :)

Awe never mind messy - it happens to all of us and it could have been a lot worse.

just get back on it and you'll be fine xx

Back