Attack Day 4 - not good

Sander23

Chronic Recidivist
This is weird since I felt good yesterday, but today I am back to misery. Major leg spasm and stomach cramps all night, so very little sleep. I am supposed to be on Attack for 7 days.... Feeling very demotivated as my cravings for fruit and veg went through the roof last night when I thought I was past them. Is this roller coaster normal?

Sorry to hear you are feeling down.

The leg cramp can be due to a couple of things...not enough water can cause dehydration or too much can upset the balance of salts in the blood stream.

A pinch of salt in a glass of water can help with leg cramp also Slimline Tonic...not sure if you can take Slimline Tonic on Dukan Diet.

I am not well up on the Dukan Diet so don't know if you go into ketosis on this? but if you do then your feet might be feeling cold at night and a hot water bottle can help to stave off the leg cramps.

Hopefully someone else might be along who has experienced similar on the Dukan Diet and will be able to help out.

As for the cravings, it is your brain looking for its sugar fix, they should gradually subside.

This is weird since I felt good yesterday, but today I am back to misery. Major leg spasm and stomach cramps all night, so very little sleep. I am supposed to be on Attack for 7 days.... Feeling very demotivated as my cravings for fruit and veg went through the roof last night when I thought I was past them. Is this roller coaster normal?

I'm really not sure about the leg spasms and stomach cramps. I think that it's usually safest to have things like that checked out to be on the safe side.

However, if you're really struggling with Attack, then I think it would be a good idea for you to switch to Cruise. For one thing, there's more variety, plus it will help with any transit issues.

Speaking of which, could the stomach cramps be due to constipation, perhaps?

I've never really had much of an issue with this whilst on Dukan, but others have. I'm sure that someone will be able to suggest some good solutions. I know that you can have 1 tblsp of wheatbran (Jordan's are one brand which makes it and is available in many supermarkets) per day to help. Also, I think that you can have a certain amount of rhubarb per day for this issue - although I'm not sure whether that's applicable during Attack.

I am starting to get over my grumpiness - been reading lots of other forums, which helps - I think you might have been on target with the cause of the stomach cramps - but it has resolved itself:sick0019:
I called my doctor and was told to add Benefiber to my diet (2 tbsp a day) and to do a set of stretching exercises before bed and use a heating pad (I didn't think a 20 minute walk was going to be that intensive on my body).

your lacking salt hence the leg pains up your water and come off attack and have some veg 4 days is ok and your body will not do much different with the next 3 days ...dont make yourself suffer ...do have that tiny bit of salt on your food and you will be ok ...if it continues for two more days check with a \Dr, but I would say your body has had an "attack " and will need to settle

Ditto on getting some salt in you. If you are not accustomed to a regimented walk them sure, you may be experiencing some leg calf cramping. Was a runner for 15 yrs till my knees retired me, you use stomach muscles more than one realizes. Actually today that is what pulled my walk was stomach, yesterday was calves, tomorrow hip & thigh. Before bed you might think about going for a short stroll to loosen up your muscles before bed. I take an advil before bed to help with a host of issues during this attack phase LOL

Good Luck hope you feel better.

Back