August 2016 Challenge

Hi, I am new to minimins and would love to join your challenge if it's not too late. I've been transitioning back to slimming world this week (at home) after having my first baby 5 months ago and it is very inspiring to see all your losses this week!

I'm aiming for a 5lb loss in August and will weigh in on Tuesdays. If you can record me as a 0lb loss for the first week please Sarah, and that gives me 4 more weigh ins this month. No holidays unfortunately!

Good luck for the coming week all :)

Went to see Foot Loose with Gareth Gates at Bristol today
daughter bought me lunch - opps but I did avoid the icecream in the theatre and the Magnum after - so I am sure if I am very frugal with my syns I can claw that back hope so
BUT if I dont that is what real life is going to be just like that and its all about getting it back off even if it does take a couple of weeks

Foot Loose was so worth it

Oo I bet that was fab :) I think sometimes real life is that we cant plan and control everything and we are always going to have these situation pop so we should enjoy them when they come along! Last time I did SW I lost a lot of weight but I did it being very restrictive and denying myself things..which eventually when I came off it I went a bit crazy and put alot back on. Only way this will stick i think is if you allow yourself treats!

Had an amaazing burger and fries on Friday night after weigh in as took out my hubby for a meal to cheer him up as hes been having a crazy time at work lately. Have been no syns all weekend so far so I can reign it back in and have a good week :)

Hi everyone i too am new to this site but definitely not SW, can I join too please if im not too late! I weigh on a wed and would like to loose 7lb.
Thanks and good luck everyone

Hi all! I'm new to the site (but not to sw !) Am I too late to join this challenge? My weight loss seems to have stalled over the past few months so this will give me a bit more motivation. If I can join can I try for 12lbs please. Thanks x

Whats your weigh in day? do you have any holidays? What was your result for week one? :) Lots of questions i know but welcome!!

Hi everyone i too am new to this site but definitely not SW, can I join too please if im not too late! I weigh on a wed and would like to loose 7lb.
Thanks and good luck everyone

Do you have a week one result? Welcome to the challenge :)

How has everyones weekends been? Star week has arrived and it always brings me down in my mood for the first couple of days… i did not let this stop me and stuck to being on plan 100% - weigh in tomorrow and I am trying my hardest to shift 1lb! Had a family BBQ (I was designated driver which is unheard of!!) and a day of shopping but I still managed to be on plan so my head is well and truly in the game.

Look at all that green guys, keep it going!

Week 2 - lets be havin'ya!!

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 07.44.13.png

'Ning everyone. Just half a pound off, but enough to get me into the 12'13s , v pleased to get a loss.....

A BBQ on Sat & Sun evenings was probably a bit too much. No booze, just the titbits that were tempting especially as I was hungry ( pakoras, Pringles , 2 sausages! To name a few. I'm a synner!)

Last edited:
-1lb for me today please
Well done!

Whopper of a pound off for me too! Very happy with this, had a hen do and family BBQ so although over on syns plenty of water and on plan surrounding this.

Good luck to everyone weighing today and best of luck for the rest of the week :) xx

Well done!

Whopper of a pound off for me too! Very happy with this, had a hen do and family BBQ so although over on syns plenty of water and on plan surrounding this.

Good luck to everyone weighing today and best of luck for the rest of the week :) xx

Well done x

as in you have lost 2 lbs or gained my lovely? xx

Sorry for being confusing LOL

I lost 1lb on the 1st Aug
and lost another 1lb on 8th Aug

I can't work out where were are on the grid. (I blame school holidays)

Back