August Weight Loss Challenge

Hi ALB1993,
I'm aiming for the elusive 9 stone too!! Well done on your 6 stone loss-amazing commitment! I lost 1stone on about 9 years ago-ha ha! then about 9 lbs this last year!! Now I'm determined to get to 9 stone! I'm starting the 30 day shred next week-eeeekkkkk!! xx

Hi all, can I join the August challenge? Really good going with your weight losses - hope I can do as good. I've set myself a goal of 2st by christmas eve so would like to lose around 10lbs by the end of the month. I have no eating routine (I just eat and starve - eat and starve) so I've opted to follow a meal replacement plan. I'm using 'maxitone sculpture' so far so good but only on day 4.

Last edited:
Erm, can't believe its August tomorrow! How did that happen?!

DeliciousBoo 15lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 15 lbs to go
Alb1993 8lbs to lose
newgirl-x 5lbs to lose
glitznglamour 7lbs to lose
Kay_kayleigh 6lbs to lose
Xvestax. 6lbs to lose
sylar1986 14lbs to lose
Claire88 10lbs to lose
Spethyla 7lbs to lose
Pratainua 8lbs to lose
kookoo ?? to lose
Mindandbody 10lbs to lose

Erm, can't believe its August tomorrow! How did that happen?!

Alb1993 8lbs to lose
newgirl-x 5lbs to lose
Xvestax. 6lbs to lose
sylar1986 14lbs to lose
Claire88 10lbs to lose
Spethyla 7lbs to lose
Pratainua 8lbs to lose
kookoo ?? to lose

9lbs for me-fingers crossed!

I agree kay_kayliegh its gone far too quickly!!! I know this sounds really weird but I really can't believe its a year since this time last year..I was organising my wedding then, and it feels like last month! X

And so it begins.. good luck all! stay positive and work hard, i'm sure we can all smash our goals!! :winner:

Good luck everyone. Keep motivated. x

Hi, hope its ok for me to join.

Alb1993 8lbs to lose
newgirl-x 5lbs to lose
Xvestax. 6lbs to lose
sylar1986 14lbs to lose
Claire88 10lbs to lose
Spethyla 7lbs to lose
Pratainua 8lbs to lose
kookoo ?? to lose
Cans1983 10lbs to lose

Hope we're all feeling positive on day 2?

I re-joined Slimming World today and I'm not happy with the scales because I'm 3lbs more than I thought! :mad: On the plus side it has made me even more determined to get this half stone by the end of August! Fingers crossed for all of us.

Hi can I join. I am hoping for 7lbs off in August.
I weighed in at 11.4 yesterdat which gave me 3 lb off for the week but I will start off fresh this week.DeliciousBoo 15lbs to lose - 0lbs lost - 15 lbs to go
Alb1993 8lbs to lose
newgirl-x 5lbs to lose
Xvestax. 6lbs to lose
sylar1986 14lbs to lose
Claire88 10lbs to lose
Spethyla 7lbs to lose
Pratainua 8lbs to lose
kookoo ?? to lose
Cans1983 10lbs to lose
Scoobysue 7lbs to go

I lost half a pound this morning gonna weigh in every Friday not lost much but least its going down :)

good luck everyone xx

Alb1993 8lbs to lose
newgirl-x 5lbs to lose ( 0.5lbs gone 4.5lbs to go)
Xvestax. 6lbs to lose
sylar1986 14lbs to lose
Claire88 10lbs to lose
Spethyla 7lbs to lose
Pratainua 8lbs to lose
kookoo ?? to lose
Cans1983 10lbs to lose
Scoobysue 7lbs to go

So I weighed myself this morning before starting a calorie calorie counting diet...and I'm 9st 10lb, not 9st 9lb as I thought :(
But I have eaten a lot of biscuits, ice cream and a bacon sarnie.... So it my own fault! On the plus side- great day today and stuck to my calories! So day one successful!!
Well done on all the loses this week! Xx

Hi everyone. I've had a good day today, remained focussed and on track; hope you've had a good day as well. If not, then put it behind you and look ahead and maybe
together we can help each other reach our August goals.

I set myself a small challenge at the begining of the week and that was to turn down cakes and other goodes that colleagues offer me, which is unheard of. However, I did manage that little two letter word 'no' and for once I felt in control. I just need to keep it up next week and the week after now.

Chat soon xx

So I managed to avoid any late night munching last night! On to day 2! I Work only one weekend day a month- and it's today with a colleague who has a Saturday McDonald tradition.....ahhhhhh! So I think I will consume my lunch when she goes out to get hers! My DVD still hasn't arrived for 30day shred and I'm away until Tuesday- pretty sure level one is on you tube so will have to make do with that for now!
Good luck today everyone!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!
Xx

Hey kookoo it is on YouTube as that's where I first done it :) its really good! X
Well I've been trying hard all week although ive had an infection and been on antibiotics so felt rubbish, normally id just live on butties and crisps and chocolate when im ill but ive made myself eat proper meals. However my mate bought me a bag of veggie colin the caterpillars which I have demolished this week haha I did share tho :p I've been to bootcamp once which was ridiculously tough but great and done my 30 day shred twice...goin bootcamp twice next week so if I don't lose I'll be fuming haha! Got a wedding tonight which I'm gonna drive to so I'm not drinking prosecco and gin (then I won't need hangover food tomorrow) hope you're all doing well! X

So weighed my self this morning and I've lost 4lbs! That's since wed night so pretty pleased. I always do my weigh in on a sat morn. Good luck everyone.

How's everyone doing? I've not had as good a day as yesterday, not eaten everything I'm suppose to (I'm to train my brain not starve my body!!!). This is my first saturday on the diet so had a lazy start and didn't get up till 10:00 am, I think I need the structure that I have Monday to Friday. I've planned tomorrow already, so I'm hoping for better things. Also weigh day Sunday - I'll let you know how I get on.

Keep the spirit alive, we can do it.

xx

Well I've done my morning weigh in and have lost 4lbs. Really pleased with the result. Here goes week 2. Difficult week ahead, I am out to lunch with colleagues on Wednesday lunch time and then dinner with other friends that evening. I'm going to get hold of the menus and plan my meals in advance. Stay positive.

x

Well done so far everyone!
I've just returned from a hen weekend away. So will no doubt pay for the food and booze on the scales on Tuesday. I will consider anything other then a gain a good week!

Back