Australia

Hi Girls , im in Rosebud on the Mornington Peninsula , i have had good weight losses in the past on sw and not liking ww over here..plus how costly it is too...so like you im going to go back to good old sw..i still have contact with sw friends in the uk..but as everything is so different here...i need some help from you guys please...which yogurt is free ? Any spaghetti or beans free..are curly wurly still one of the lowest choc bars.. Best lolly ? As in ice lolly....any vff cottage cheese out there..lowest syn sausages...any help would be great ..many thanks Val

chudleighval said:
Hi Girls , im in Rosebud on the Mornington Peninsula , i have had good weight losses in the past on sw and not liking ww over here..plus how costly it is too...so like you im going to go back to good old sw..i still have contact with sw friends in the uk..but as everything is so different here...i need some help from you guys please...which yogurt is free ? Any spaghetti or beans free..are curly wurly still one of the lowest choc bars.. Best lolly ? As in ice lolly....any vff cottage cheese out there..lowest syn sausages...any help would be great ..many thanks Val

Hi Val & welcome!
I'll answer the q's I know the answers to although if you scroll back quite a few pages (or even read from the start of this thread) most of your answers are there & more!
Free yog- Forme all types & Soleil all types
Baked beans - not found any syn free, but Aldi corale premium beans are 3 syns a can as are Heinz beans.. Not sure about spaghetti as I don't like it!
vlf cottage cheese - I use Aldi westacre, about 4 syns for the whole tub, but any vlf stuff from Coles or Woolies should be the same.
Don't really eat sweets & ice lollies so maybe another lady could jump on & help out!
Good luck
Tash x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

As you're looking back through the thread click on the Facebook group link and come join us there too! I'm on my phone or I'd repost it here for u!

Hi and Welcome Val :)

Morning all,
WI and lost .8 not too bad to say it was my birthday on thursday, so had a takeaway ( kebab and chips !!! ) a few drinks, and a block of chocolate !! wasn't really expecting to lose anything, So this week im back on it, 3lbs to lose until my first target, then im changing it to hopefully lose another 10lbs

Hi and Welcome Val :)

Morning all,
WI and lost .8 not too bad to say it was my birthday on thursday, so had a takeaway ( kebab and chips !!! ) a few drinks, and a block of chocolate !! wasn't really expecting to lose anything, So this week im back on it, 3lbs to lose until my first target, then im changing it to hopefully lose another 10lbs

Welcome Val :welcome: I'm sure you'll find all your answers on here (well a lot them)

Well done with you loss this week Kel and belated birthday wishes :birthday: You did well !!!!!

I had a 2lb loss this week which I am reall chuffed about :D but I musn't get complacent (so easy to do) and stick with it. I'm obviously a slow loser which doesn't help but I'm getting there slowly.

Welcome Val :welcome: I'm sure you'll find all your answers on here (well a lot them)

Well done with you loss this week Kel and belated birthday wishes :birthday: You did well !!!!!

I had a 2lb loss this week which I am reall chuffed about :D but I musn't get complacent (so easy to do) and stick with it. I'm obviously a slow loser which doesn't help but I'm getting there slowly.

Thankyou i did try to be really good, knowing i wouldn't be on my birthday:break_diet: and Thankyou for the birthday wishes :)

A Big Well Done on the loss !! good for you :D slow and steady...;)

Has anyone come across chicken bovril in any shops in Oz??

No, can't say i have :(

Can some-one please tell me what the syns work out for these aldi, Prista wholemeal cripsbread/Crackers please, it says it's 117 cals per 4 , so is that 5.5 syns per 4 ? Also don't know if it's wishful thinking but would you be able to use any for your HE ??

kelb said:

Can some-one please tell me what the syns work out for these aldi, Prista wholemeal cripsbread/Crackers please, it says it's 117 cals per 4 , so is that 5.5 syns per 4 ? Also don't know if it's wishful thinking but would you be able to use any for your HE ??

Well, 117 divided by 20 is 5.85 so I might even round it up to 6 syns per 4? I like the crispettes from Aldi, only 27 cals each slice. I couldn't use them as a HEb as there's nothing whole meal about them lol!
Using products from oz as HEb is quite tricky isn't it, as I don't know how much fibre a food has to contain to be classed as a HEb !?!

Has anyone come across chicken bovril in any shops in Oz??

No, I tried everywhere :eek:( Is it for the SW KFC chicken, if so I put an SOS out on a couple of forums and somebody said it was ok made with beef bovril. Big mistake - not good at all.

The only place you might find it is "www.britainonthebayside.com.au" they do stock a fair bit but are a bit pricey and if you have a Nana's Pantry near you it might be worth looking in there.

Last edited:

I stick to boring old Ryvita - somehow they don't seem quite as bad as they used to, probably a case of better than nothing :) Don't you just miss the British supermarkets ;)

Njay said:
No, I tried everywhere :eek:( Is it for the SW KFC chicken, if so I put an SOS out on a couple of forums and somebody said it was ok made with beef bovril. Big mistake - not good at all.

The only place you might find it is "www.britainonthebayside.com.au" they do stock a fair bit but are a bit pricey and if you have a Nana's Pantry near you it might be worth looking in there.

Yes it is!! I'm desperate to try it, & I think without the chicken bovril, it won't taste the same. I'm hunting all sorts of smaller supmarkets/deli to see if they stock Brit products! My in laws are coming over next month so I'm definitely asking for a jar.. Or two!!!

Yes it is!! I'm desperate to try it, & I think without the chicken bovril, it won't taste the same. I'm hunting all sorts of smaller supmarkets/deli to see if they stock Brit products! My in laws are coming over next month so I'm definitely asking for a jar.. Or two!!!

After my failed attempt with the beef bovril I would definitely wait, at least you've got someone who can bring some over soon :D

Well, 117 divided by 20 is 5.85 so I might even round it up to 6 syns per 4? I like the crispettes from Aldi, only 27 cals each slice. I couldn't use them as a HEb as there's nothing whole meal about them lol!
Using products from oz as HEb is quite tricky isn't it, as I don't know how much fibre a food has to contain to be classed as a HEb !?!

Yeah i'll round it up to 6 syns Thankyou, and yes the crispettes are nice with some cheese on ;)

I stick to boring old Ryvita - somehow they don't seem quite as bad as they used to, probably a case of better than nothing :) Don't you just miss the British supermarkets ;)

I've never really eaten ryvita, they remind me of when my mum used to put lashings of sandwich spread on them lol, What do they work out to be then, are they a HEb ? or do you have to syn them and how many are they ? :)

I was tempted to weigh myself this morning, i don't weigh in until tomorrow. so instead i got the tape measure out, and since i've started, i've so far lost, 2 and a half inch from my bust, 4 inch from my waist, and 2 inch off my hips, I was well happy. So even if im not losing big numbers on the scales at least i know it's still coming off :)

Back