Australia

Thankyou Njay :) and Well Done !!
A packet of minstrels... if that was me i wouldn't have stopped at just them lol so good on ya, we all have slip ups, Good to see your back with it, We can do it !! lol, Hope you continue with a good week :)

WI and STS but it's *week, so not too bad. Had a good week.. apart from saturday night, had a chinese,So that might have effected my weigh-in too.

WI and STS but it's *week, so not too bad. Had a good week.. apart from saturday night, had a chinese,So that might have effected my weigh-in too.[/QUO

Well done Kel - glad to hear you had a good week :D I'm being a coward, didn't get on the scales this morning as I was bad Saturday night and I think if I saw I gain I would go off plan completely - too much wine and willpower disappears, need I say more ......... :mad: Still back on it today, I am determined to shift these last 4lbs - which for some reason don't want to leave me - LOL!

I still complete a food diary religiously every day, was thinking of stopping it but am worried that if I do that I will start to eat more than I realise, so easy to do and by doing this it certainly does make me think twice about everything, even when I overindulge.

Anyway hope you have another good week :)

WI and STS but it's *week, so not too bad. Had a good week.. apart from saturday night, had a chinese,So that might have effected my weigh-in too.[/QUO

Well done Kel - glad to hear you had a good week :D I'm being a coward, didn't get on the scales this morning as I was bad Saturday night and I think if I saw I gain I would go off plan completely - too much wine and willpower disappears, need I say more ......... :mad: Still back on it today, I am determined to shift these last 4lbs - which for some reason don't want to leave me - LOL!

I still complete a food diary religiously every day, was thinking of stopping it but am worried that if I do that I will start to eat more than I realise, so easy to do and by doing this it certainly does make me think twice about everything, even when I overindulge.

Anyway hope you have another good week :)

Thanks Njay,
So you had a good saturday night, don't we all lol. When i've had a bad week and step on the scales it does put me on a downer too, but still do it and record it on your weekly diary, you don't have to put it on here, but at least you know where you are. I always have a drink on a weekend, but.... I have now learnt to prepare a SW meal to go with it, and plan what im having for brekkie the next day hangover ( or id just eat everything in site lol ) I usually have fried eggs, grilled bacon a hash brown grilled and a slice of toast, That way i only have to syn the hash brown and egg, if you want to. Stick with it Hon....We will get this last bit off, and if i gave up i know damn well my weight would be back on a lot quicker than it's coming off for sure :) Good Luck for this week !!

kelb said:
WI Lost 1lb, had a fairly good week, so thought id lose more but im happy with a lb :)

Yay, well done Kel another 1lb in the right direction :) I sts :( not happy as I've been really focused this week but obviously need to try harder. I'm going to try cutting back on my hex's this week and see how I go :). Have a gr8 week and keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not happy - 1lb gain this week and I have been sooooo good :( The closer I am getting to my target the harder it seems to be but I am determined not to give in and shift those pounds whatever it takes. It most definitely has to be the fact that I have upped my exercise as I am so much smaller than I was 6 months ago when I started it would just be nice to see those scales go down just that little bit more :)

Yay, well done Kel another 1lb in the right direction :) I sts :( not happy as I've been really focused this week but obviously need to try harder. I'm going to try cutting back on my hex's this week and see how I go :). Have a gr8 week and keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thankyou :)
I tried cutting back my hex's and i lost 2 lb instead of 1, so it does help. im gonna try it again this week. and at least you stayed the same and didn't put on. I couldn't weigh this morning as the battery has died, so i'll get a new one in. Im gonna start weighing on a saturday, as i have a few nights out planned and i also find although my usual WI and treat day is monday i undo a lot of my hard work on a weekend, so from this sat coming i know i can enjoy myself and have a week to make up for it ;)

Not happy - 1lb gain this week and I have been sooooo good :( The closer I am getting to my target the harder it seems to be but I am determined not to give in and shift those pounds whatever it takes. It most definitely has to be the fact that I have upped my exercise as I am so much smaller than I was 6 months ago when I started it would just be nice to see those scales go down just that little bit more :)

Don't worry about it Hon, we'll get there..why don't you try changing your WI day like i am, then you can enjoy the weekend and hopefully not put on. I so know where your coming from im begining to think my body is telling me this is where im supposed to stay at ?? i feel like im up down up down with this last blooming bit GRR !! We CAN do it haha ;)

kelb said:
Don't worry about it Hon, we'll get there..why don't you try changing your WI day like i am, then you can enjoy the weekend and hopefully not put on. I so know where your coming from im begining to think my body is telling me this is where im supposed to stay at ?? i feel like im up down up down with this last blooming bit GRR !! We CAN do it haha ;)

Thank Kel, changing the WI day sounds like a good idea :). Hubby keeps telling me not to lose anymore, but I set my target and just want to get there. You are probably right, body telling you this is where you're supposed to stay - doesn't help tho does it LOL !!! Think I shall try WI on either Friday or Saturday morning - as you say it is nice to be able to enjoy the weekend :)

Thank Kel, changing the WI day sounds like a good idea :). Hubby keeps telling me not to lose anymore, but I set my target and just want to get there. You are probably right, body telling you this is where you're supposed to stay - doesn't help tho does it LOL !!! Think I shall try WI on either Friday or Saturday morning - as you say it is nice to be able to enjoy the weekend :)

Oh you sound so like me, im determind to get to that blooming target lol, and no it doesn't help that our bodys may be trying to tell us something differant ;) Im starting from this saturday. Im hoping to have at least lost something as i wont have weighed for around 9 days then, But....i have been doing red and haven't lost well yet with only a few added in, so we'll see. Im dying to have a peek, but have promised myself not to. let me know which day you decide, and yes it will allow us to enjoy the weekend without blowing it or dreading monday lol :)

Oh you sound so like me, im determind to get to that blooming target lol, and no it doesn't help that our bodys may be trying to tell us something differant ;) Im starting from this saturday. Im hoping to have at least lost something as i wont have weighed for around 9 days then, But....i have been doing red and haven't lost well yet with only a few added in, so we'll see. Im dying to have a peek, but have promised myself not to. let me know which day you decide, and yes it will allow us to enjoy the weekend without blowing it or dreading monday lol :)

Well decided on Friday for WI as I am getting impatient LOL - 2lb off, so that's the 1lb I gained last week plus another :) I do green days mostly with the odd EE as I'm really not a big meat eater, wish I was as that might help. Hope you do well this week Kel and have great weekend ;) although by the sound of it it's going to be raining the whole time so hope you don't have anything planned for outdoors :(

Well decided on Friday for WI as I am getting impatient LOL - 2lb off, so that's the 1lb I gained last week plus another :) I do green days mostly with the odd EE as I'm really not a big meat eater, wish I was as that might help. Hope you do well this week Kel and have great weekend ;) although by the sound of it it's going to be raining the whole time so hope you don't have anything planned for outdoors :(

Well Done on your loss !! at least now you can enjoy the weekend :)

Well not good news... I put on a pound, so im going back to green, and then I'll see if it was the red days or doing the shread that did it ?

Not much planned for the today, just a bit of ironing and watching DVDs for us. Can't wait for the summer, i want to get out and about more, this rain is depressing :( Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and have another great week on the plan :)

Well Done on your loss !! at least now you can enjoy the weekend :)

Well not good news... I put on a pound, so im going back to green, and then I'll see if it was the red days or doing the shread that did it ?

Not much planned for the today, just a bit of ironing and watching DVDs for us. Can't wait for the summer, i want to get out and about more, this rain is depressing :( Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and have another great week on the plan :)

Oh Kel, that was me last week :( we'll get there !!!!! I must admit as I'm not a big meat eater I really don't do red days or EE, if I know I'm going to be eating meat as I do when we have a roast or go out to dinner, I just watch my portion size and use it as my HEB.

Hope this week is better for you :) at least the sun is shining up here today - I agree with you about this crap weather, it really does get you down, just like being back in England LOL ;)

Anyway, time for me to hit the housework and catch up with all the washing and ironing I haven't managed to do. Have a good week :)

WI and lost a pound yay !! Hopefully it will continue that way :)

Hope you've had a good week too Njay ? I know what you mean about portion control on red days, i think that's when i end up having larger dinners. Well im gonna stick to the green from now on through the week and probs have a red day on my WI day, so i can have a fry-up or meat day. Good Luck for this week :)

kelb said:
WI and lost a pound yay !! Hopefully it will continue that way :)

Hope you've had a good week too Njay ? I know what you mean about portion control on red days, i think that's when i end up having larger dinners. Well im gonna stick to the green from now on through the week and probs have a red day on my WI day, so i can have a fry-up or meat day. Good Luck for this week :)

Hi I have tried to send a request to join the Australian face book site but it says request denied anyone know how to do it thanks

Hello! I started the Slimming World over here about two weeks ago and already lost 3.5Kg. I am finding it quite easy and these forums help :)
I did Slimming world back in the UK 10 years ago and lost 2stone, so hoping to do the same now!
I do have time to cook though and I have losts of ready to eat snacks in the fridge.
I stick with the green diet throughout and cut meat out for the time being. Where can I get Quorn Sausages over here? Seems my Woolies and Coles have nothing up here on the Sunny Coast?
Looking forward to hearing from you all and seeing how you are all progressing :)

Hello and welcome to the newbies :)

Really Happy, Only .8 off my next target yay !! Lost about 1.8 this week ;)

Last edited:
Evening everyone!

I moved to Sydney about a year ago and what with all the going away parties, the eating out and the stupidly busy job, my weight's ballooned. I've decided to do SW again as I had a good experience with it in the UK. Also, a really good friend of mine is doing it back in the UK so we're giving each other some moral support via Skype. I've been doing it for a week now and had a good result with my weigh in today. But then, I always do well on diets at the start when I'm all enthusiastic and full of will power. The problem is, that disappears quicker than a packet of chocolate digestives so I thought I'd jump on here for some extra support.

It doesn't look like anyone's been chatting on this forum for a while so I sent a request to the Facebook group. Hopefully you're all chatting away on there :)

Back