Average 1st week weight loss

6lbs :)

It depends on lots of factors, for example: if you were dieting or being careful beforehand (you may already have lost a lot of the water weight), your natural metabolism, your starting weight, how much water you drank, if your tummy worked or not, how much activity you did, if it's TOTM etc.

I was really disappointed with my first week's loss but then I found my old Lighter Life booklet from back in 2009 and my first 3 weeks losses were identical on this diet to then so obviously my body just doesn't lose more than 6lbs a week.

Lost 11lbs in the first 2 weeks. Didn't weigh in wk 1 as could not feel a difference so didn't bother. Good luck with ur journey.

Wow they are some good losses!

Do you find it easy? I'm one for snacking but as a single mum I don't have anyone else to cook for so should be easy in terms of temptation. Its just how treats that I will need to avoid!!

I lost 17lbs in my first week but I starte straight after a weekend away with lots of booze and food lol!

Well I've ordered a 4 week pick my own pack ( I HATE bananas lol). Plus I had a 10% discount code so it was worth it :)
Should arrive tomorrow, going to start a diary.
Any tips/advice? I've never some anything like this before only SW or WW x

Well done! Its really worth it. I have three tips from my own personal experience; the first three days are very tough but wait it out cos it suddenly gets easy and the hunger disappears completely, two; drink lots and lots of water - you'll be in the loo a dozen times a day but again it gets easier after a few days and you'll feel so much better for it, and lastly don't start cheating even a teensy bit cos it's hard to stop and it will affect the weight loss you've worked so damn hard for! Good luck :)

my tips are - go and buy a litre bottle of water now and have it with you filled every where!! when you have it with you you dont even realise how much you have drank until you catch on you have filled it 3 times already!

stay away from the coke zero or zero drinks until atleast week 2 and your fully in the swing of the diet - the taste can remind you of having it along with a meal or something and spur on cravings!

keep yourself busy - write out a to do list of anything you might need to do - this will keep you distracted and also make you feel great that you have finally got the things youve been putting off doing done!

cant think of anything else right now lol

Oh, and spend every free minute on here! Lol (but honestly, it's great, best support you'll ever get)

That's why I want to start a diary on here so i can just keep posting :) what fruit juice can I have? I'm not really a fan of plain water x

That's why I want to start a diary on here so i can just keep posting :) what fruit juice can I have? I'm not really a fan of plain water x

no juice is allowed, only water (which you must drink, you need it to flush out the ketones and to keep you filled up), black tea/black coffee, green tea, peppermint tea

Be aware that any citrus/citric acid in a drink may knock you out of ketosis (the basis of your weight loss). I was surprised to find that even diet coke has citric acid in it.

There is no citric acid free juice, it also has to be calorie free and carb free. If there was anything we'd know about it by now.

The only other thing you can have is Coke Zero or Dr Pepper Zero but you should really only have small amounts of it as a) it can encourage you to eat as it's so sweet and b) even though it doesnt have citric acid in it, it still kicks some people out of ketosis and slows down their weight loss.

Back