Average weight lose in first week or month??

I lost 7lbs in my first sk and had got to 14.5 lbs in a month - it did slow down tho!!

i only lost 2.5 in my first week, first 4 weeks was only 5.5, i'm a slow loser apparently. Really does vary from person to person :)

Cheers guys. I lost 5 stone last year but hit a plateau. I stopped smoking in december and so have come here to tackle the weight i put on

It is impossible to say an "average" Everyone is different. Depends on your size, gender, and the amount of physical exercise you perform.

I lost 7.5 in my first week, 15.5 in my first month.

Got to agree with beth, unless you're a seven stone female athlete it is pointless to compare yourself to a seven stone female athlete...

There is no right answer, just stick to it and the weight will come off :)

I lost 2lb in my first week.

4 months on, I'm still averaging 2lb a week. :) I prefer it this way! And, everyone's different!

I lost 3.5lb. I remember feeling disappointed having lost far more in my first week on other diets. I was so upset I nearly quit on week 2. I had a rethink and just threw myself into it and I'm so glad I did. I guess my point is that initial numbers don't matter what matters is committing and seeing it through as a lifestyle change.

I still struggle to separate the numbers on the scales from my emotions but I'm working on it.

Good luck for your first weigh in.

5lbs for me but I slowed right down losing 1lb most weeks. I did a lot of exercise though and for some reason it always slowed down my weight loss... Lost loads of inches though!

It really does depend on lots of factors. How bad your diet was before hand, the amount of exercise you do, how well you stick to the plan etc.

The last time I did SW I lost 2lbs in my first week, then 4lbs the next. It varies :) But just stick to the plan and the weight will come off how it's meant to.

Good luck with your weigh in! x

Got to agree with beth, unless you're a seven stone female athlete it is pointless to compare yourself to a seven stone female athlete...

There is no right answer, just stick to it and the weight will come off :)

I disagree with this mentality 100% I have asked a bunch of people what their average weight lose was! It has no bearings on them being a 7 stone athlete or a 50 stone lazy ass.
If 50 people tell me that they lost 7lb in the first week and 50 people tell me they lost 3.5lb in the first week then the law of averages tells me if i lose anywhere between them values then I MAY be doing it right.

Turns out, if i carry on like this till tuesday (weigh in day) then ill be in the AVERAGE weight lose values

I lost 5lb in the first week and 9lbs in the first month. 12.5lbs second month.

Stick to the diet.
Drink enough water.
Eat enough food. Do not starve yourself.
Count your syns. Eat your syns! Do not deprive yourself!
Make sure you have 1/3 superfree food on your plate.
Snack on free food if you are hungry. Make sure you have things like muller light yogurt and yummy fruit with you if you leave the house. Snacking on the wrong things when you are out and about is my downfall. Take your own little coolbag with emergency food.

Men tend to loose weight quicker than women most of the time(always exceptions to any rule). If you do a bit of body magic you will loose even quicker! My husband just eats 1 SW meal a day and he has already lost 1/2 stone over the 2 months.

Muis said:
I lost 5lb in the first week and 9lbs in the first month. 12.5lbs second month.

Stick to the diet.
Drink enough water.
Eat enough food. Do not starve yourself.
Count your syns. Eat your syns! Do not deprive yourself!
Make sure you have 1/3 superfree food on your plate.
Snack on free food if you are hungry. Make sure you have things like muller light yogurt and yummy fruit with you if you leave the house. Snacking on the wrong things when you are out and about is my downfall. Take your own little coolbag with emergency food.

Men tend to loose weight quicker than women most of the time(always exceptions to any rule). If you do a bit of body magic you will loose even quicker! My husband just eats 1 SW meal a day and he has already lost 1/2 stone over the 2 months.

Good, simple advice :)

As of this morning i am 5.2lbs down from my starting weight. As long as it remains at this or lower on weigh in day on Tuesday I will be one happy bunny

Well, just to bring the 'average' down a little,... I GAINED 1 lb in my first week!!! I don't know how much I lost in the first month but it was 2 1/2 years ago!!

A cautionary tale to those who weigh daily.... I weighed on my mum's scales on the Saturday before I joined (just so I'd have an idea of my starting weight). Started SW on Wednesday. Mum convinced me to weigh myself on the Saturday (having been on SW for 3 days) but I didn't want to know. Mum checked the scales and said that I was doing well (from the look on her face - it was probably 3-7 lbs loss). Went to WI on the Wednesday, assured of a loss, to be greeted by my 1 lb GAIN.

Home scales and mid-week WI don't count.

I lost 6.5lb in my first week and then 18lb in total over my first month (first 4 WI)

I do tend to be a reasonably fast loser though :) me and my friend both started at the same time, have both stuck to the plan in very similar ways etc but last week i got my 3.5 stone and she got her 2 stone.....it really can vary that much purely based on body type and gender :) so whether you lose 4lb or 14lb in your first month, just remember that its Xlb lighter than you were a month ago :D

Back