Average weight loss per week - how much?

Jaybar

I been trying to work out how much I can lose by the time I go to Cuba in August.
On CD/LL they say you'll have an average loss of 3 1/2 lb a week, so what would you say it is on this diet?

I asked this question a while back. I will try to find the post and bump it up for you.

It will be on the low carb board as we didn't have this one when I posted it.

you will lose loads in your first week, then it will settle down, and atkins says a stone a mnth... :)

A stone a month?
That's the same as CD and I completly starved myself doing that :mad: I wish I'd tried this diet years ago. I've never got on so well with a plan, this is definatly the one for me (like when you find the right man ;))

I have bumped that post up for you Jaybar. Jim said he lost an average of 2lbs per week, after the initial big losses. So that doesn't fit with the stone per month??????

Thanks Sarah, I'll have a look at that :)

Everyone is different hun.... It will soon even out when you star to introduce more carbs into your diet!!

WOW OP I did CD stone a mnth thing, and yes it was horrid! Least we can eat what the hell we god darn like!! lol (cept bread, pasta, potatoes, choc, etc) But hey they are bad for us!! lol

Everyone is different, some people lose quickly, some don't. Personally I believe slower weigh loss is better and more maintainable.

Im losing about a lb a week.

I lose between 1-2 pounds a month, which as Jim says is a healthy weight loss. I'm not too bothered (I was to begin with) that its so slow because I eat well, my world doen't revolve around food anymore and I've got so much energy.

I lose between 1-2 pounds a month, which as Jim says is a healthy weight loss. I'm not too bothered (I was to begin with) that its so slow because I eat well, my world doen't revolve around food anymore and I've got so much energy.
THANKYOU TRACY!!!
IVE SPENT THE LAST WEEKS COMPLAINING ABOUT A LB A WEEK LOSS BUT YOUVE JUST MADE ME SENSE, ON ATKINS IM NEVER HUNGRY , EAT GORGEOUS FOOD AND STILL LOSSE A LB A WEEK (WITH THE LOW CARB TREATS) IVE STILL ONLY LOST THAT THIS WEEKS ON 2 SHAKES AND 1 MEAL SO , TOMORROW I WILL GO BACK TO ATKINS PROPERLY AND ENJOY MY FOOD AND BE GLAD OF THE LB AS IN 30 WEEKS THATS 30 LB , WITH NO HUNGER AND LOVELY FOOD????? ITS A NO BRAINER REALLY . THANKYOU !!!!!(STILL GETTING MY SCALES TO SEE FAT AND MUSCLE % THO :D)
AND TO EVERY ONE ELSE, IM SORRY IVE BEEN SUCH AN ARSE WHINING ON , I JUST LOST SIGHT OF THE LONGTERM !!!:eek:

Oh I'm so glad my post was helpful! i too was really hung up on slow weightloss- on Weight watchers I easily lost 2-3 pounds, but then again I was always hungry and thinking about food. Okay its going to take us longer to get there but we won't be inclined to go back to our old ways because we'll appreciate how hard it was to lose the weight in the first place. (Well thats the theory :) )

LOL Sukie

Nice post Tracy!

Sukie, that sounds like a very wise decision! I am so glad that you are feeling more positive about things. I hope I can take some of that on board when I start the second stage of my journey at Easter.

LOL, no love, at the fact you thought you were whining love. :)

oh no jim i didnt think it i was being a whiny arse :0)

LOL, ROFL.

Back