Avocado's healthy eating antics...

avocado

Hello!

I have been a lurker on this site for a very long time while trying diets like Atkins, other low carb, Cambridge, WW, SW etc... and I give up! :sigh:

I am only a few lbs lighter than when I first began dieting 3 years ago and I am sick of it! I joined a gym and went for 6 months only to get fed up and stop going altogether :rolleyes:

I have now decided that the only way I will lose the excess weight now is by NOT focusing on the weight but by aiming to be healthier.

I will be eating super healthy (not counting cals, only eating until satisfied) in the week:greenapple:
and on a Sunday (and only a Sunday) will have a yummy roast dinner with any dessert I fancy and alcohol... as much as I fancy. I will up my water :waterbottle:and lower my caffeine intake.

I will also be gradually building up the exercise again by walking at least 20mins daily and doing exercise DVDs a few times a week to begin with:character00116:. I might then take up some form of organised exercise (gym, classes etc) once I have lost some weight and built my fitness up a little.

I am not going to feel guilty about food ONCE this year... life is far too short! But I will love my body and care for it by putting nutritionally dense foods into it 90-95% of the time and giving it the exercise it needs.

Wish me luck... I start tomorrow! :cross:

You're totally right- lifes far too short to be feeling guilty about food. I find that when I stop following fad diets and just eat healthily the weight comes off far more easily. I'm hoping thats the case this time around!

Good luck!

Ally x

I haven't been doing wonderfully this week but have cut back on quantities of food to break myself in haha! :D

B: 2 x bowls of cereal and milk
L: tomato cup soup with enough sweet chilli thin crackers to satisfy me (3 or 4)
D: pan fried salmon with brocolli and boiled potatoes... yum!
S: handful of christmas chocs... got to get rid you know!!

I have been on the wii fit a few times this week too :D fun! I think I've lost a pound... not bad for not really trying!

See ya tomorrow! xxx

Yesterday was terrible so I won't even record it :s

Today...

B: banana, pear, nectarine, blackcurrant yogurt.
L: tuna salad sandwich.
D: paprika chicken with lots of steamed veggies (sprouts, carrots, mixed peppers) & homemade potato wedges.
Snacks : none hopefully! Yogurt if needed :)

Should be a good day!

Last edited:
Ok... So Monday was...

B : porridge and a banana
L : tuna salad with fresh beetroot. Yogurt & fruit.
D : dry fried eggs, baked beans and a hash brown.
S : handful of pringles.

Yesterday...

B: bowl of cereal w/ 1% milk. Yogurt.
L: 2 x chicken cup soups. Apple and 2 x plums.
D: pasta bolognese. Mint ice cream.

Today will be...

B: porridge & a nectarine.
L: tuna & beetroot salad. Apple. Yogurt.
D: chicken baked in tomatoes & herbs with lots of veg & small amount of boiled potatoes.

Yogurt & fruit for snacking in the pm

Thank you :)

Today...

B: 2 x oatibix w milk & cup of white tea.
L: chicken soup w 1 slice of bread. Yogurt, apple & plum.
D: chicken baked with tomatoes w potatoes & broccolli.
Snacks: cappuccino (instant) & crisps.

Have been a bit naughty in not updating this for a while! :s

today...

B: 2 x wholemeal toast slices, soya spread & 1 x sliced banana. Coffee.
L: ham and salad sandwich, 1 x banana, 1 x apple, water.
S: 1 x small slice of choc cake & a low fat peach yogurt.
D: 1 x bowl of homemade ham and lentil soup. steak pie with potatoes, carrots, parsnips & peas.

Been a good day today :)

Tomorrow WILL be...

B: 2 x oatibix w/ semi skimmed milk & banana. coffee.
L: ham salad sandwich on wholemeal. 1 x apple, 1 x low fat yogurt.
S: cappucino & 1 x small lotus caremalised biscuit.
D: 1 x bowl homemade soup. fishcakes, potato wedges & vegetables.

Back