Avocados! & Other surprising syn values...

tubster

Can somebody tell me how many syns an avocado is! I assumed it was free (veg!!!) and have been eating avocado salads.. if anything i thought it may be superfree.. ive found some crazy syn values for it on here which arent constant and I just cant believe!! worse than a creme egg?!

can anybody clear this up for me!!??

Also if people find other syn value shockers post them here :) so everybody's informed. If you're surprised by syns let us know! We may be too...

it's 9.5 syns for 100g of avocado but we were debating this the other day on our group facebook page, apparently avocado flesh isn't very heavy so 100g would be more than one avocado I guess you would have to remove the stone, scoop out the flesh and then weigh it. I am having a thick moment so I might have this wrong but if you divide 9.5 by 100 you get 0.095 which I think would be the syns per g so you would multiply the amount you have by 0.095 to get the syn value hugs Crystal x

As above, but the average avocado is over 100g. You'd have to take the stone out and weight what you use.

As above, but the average avocado is over 100g. You'd have to take the stone out and weight what you use.

I do just that, as I wouldnt want to cheat myself of any yummy avocado ;) - the ones I bought recently, half an avocado sliced was 56g exactly. I was pleasantly surprised. Making it just 5 syns for half and was yummy in my toasted sandwich with cheese and salad.

I do wish they would make avocado's a HEb

I do just that, as I wouldnt want to cheat myself of any yummy avocado ;) - the ones I bought recently, half an avocado sliced was 56g exactly. I was pleasantly surprised. Making it just 5 syns for half and was yummy in my toasted sandwich with cheese and salad.

I do wish they would make avocado's a HEb

mmm that toasted sandwhich sounds nice. I love avocado but i consider it too healthy to use as syns! I save them for naughty things like chocolate & pastry, i feel cheated syning a green vegetable!!!

Ummm this is good to know, just before I started SW I got addicted tochicken, bacon and avacardo sandwichs lol yummy xxx

Back