Awesome Day!!!!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Pink_Fluff, 7 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Pink_Fluff

Pink_Fluff Chocoholic

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.73%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Ok I have just had the most awesome day ever!
    Had a really stressful few weeks, I'm living at home 300miles away from my other half and been getting JSA as the work I organised over the summer fell through. I got offered a job in Leeds but as I had agreed to housesit in Cornwall for a few weeks I couldn't accept it. I also had another interview up in Leeds that I hadn't heard anything back from so I assumed I hadn't got it. It really sucked because me and my OH were planning to rent a house up in Leeds but I had no job so no references.

So I woke up this morning generally feeling a bit down, stressed out and poor.
    Decided to weigh myself to check yesterdays 4lb loss wasn't a fluke and Monday is supposed to be my WI day.
    Scales still read 12st 12lb - awesome I have lost 4lb!

I headed into Plymouth to sign on. Got on the train and had a voice mail (signal where I live is crap). It was from the job I hadn't heard back from. Called them up as soon as I got to Plymouth apparently the HR manager had been off sick so they hadn't been able to call and I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!

Was incredibly happy! They'd made me do this management task at the interview and I thought I totally messed it up but apparently I really impressed them and they wanted to give the job to me over some more experienced people! Ok so at this point I was bouncing about very happy that I could sign off JSA and now have a well paid job which I start on Monday.

Next awesome thing was I then decided to buy some trousers for work as I have no smart black trousers. Went into Primark (as I am still poor until I start the job lol) and found a pair of simple black trousers but the largest size they had was a size 12. Normally I'm a 14 if I'm very lucky but I thought what the hell I've lost a stone so far perhaps size12 might fit.

Went to the fitting rooms and although they were snug they actually fit!!!! This is a big deal for me. Normally size12 wouldn't even fit over my bum let alone do up.

So then decided to treat myself because I now had a job. Normally this is the point where I'd get in a massively calorific meal, perhaps pizza or a chinese takeaway for my dinner. Perhaps just a big bar of chocolate. But food didn't even cross my mind I was heading straight to Debenhams to get a new touch eclat as my old one ran out and I didn't have the money to buy a new one. I remembered I had £5 on my beauty club card so it ended up costing £18. Then headed to Boots and got a new mascara using my advantage card points so that was practically free.

Headed home feeling absolutely fantastic now planning a nice hot bath to finish my evening off!

Last edited: 8 September 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Purple_Star

Purple_Star Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(36.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What a brilliant day!!!!!! Huge congrats on the job, best of luck with it. You done fantastic getting it.

Congrats on size 12 - woo hoo!!!

Well done on the bargains, you well deserved a couple of treats.

So does this mean you will be getting a house with the oh?

4. Pink_Fluff

Pink_Fluff Chocoholic

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.73%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yeah hopefully got to fill in the forms tonight so he can get them to the estate agents. Feeling very very happy right now!

5. Purple_Star

Purple_Star Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(36.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am sure you are! Its really all coming together for you. Hope you get sorted soon with a home xx

6. Pink_Fluff

Pink_Fluff Chocoholic

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.73%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    heehee spent at least half an hour last night wearing the new trousers in front of a mirror. Everyone keeps telling me I look slimmer but I didn't believe it until I got those size 12s on!

Its a very good feeling. I'm also proud of myself for not thinking about food when something good happens. I used to 'reward' myself with food, normally chocolate or when I was stressed buy 'treats' like a takeaway or sweets to help me get through. Problem was I could normally find a reason for getting stuff like that on a daily basis. This last month has been stressful but I haven't turned to food to deal with that stress so I feel almost as though I've earnt the right to wear a size 12. Before I felt fat but I never really made an effort to not be fat and so I never lost weight. Now I am making the effort and the results are showing.

7. Redkoala

Redkoala Go on smile! =)

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(26.37%)
    Diet:
    Xencial, Gym & Healthy Eating!
    Well done pink. Gtz on the new job and hope you get your house sorted soon!

8. John_T

John_T Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(27.4%)
    Diet:
    Weight To Go
    Well done Pink it's great moving down a size :D I have just bought some shirts two sizes smaller than my last ones it was really satisfying and I had more to choose from

9. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    How did I miss this, well done and how is your new job?

10. SunshineLivin

SunshineLivin Member

Great to hear!!

11. siany

siany Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    thats fantastic!! congrats on the job!

12. gem25

gem25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    well done! not only have you transformed your figure but also your life! congratulations!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.