Awful Stomach Cramps not TOM

Miss_stephy83

Hi all

Just looking for some advice. Today is my 11th day on Cambridge Diet and I am suffering. Since yesterday I have had awful stomach cramps after drinking my morning shake and water. An awful taste in my mouth that mints could not even get rid of and feeling like I was either going to throw up or let it all out the other end (sorry). Neither happened so I sat in work all day close to tears with a very bloated belly. I managed to drink half of my second shake but did not have my third one and could not drink water either as I just felt to sick. I had no SS+ dinner when I got in as well. The only thing that managed to keep me sane was a sip of diet coke. I spoke with my Cambridge lady and she was confused as to why I feel like this. I have done cambridge before and never felt like this ever. This morning I woke up feeling a bit better 2 cups of peppermint tea before leaving the house, however, got to work made my shake and I have been doubled up in pain ever since water is also doing the same. Shake remains unfinished on my desk. I am so confused dont know what is going on I feel really rough. I have not been toilet for the last 2 days could this be the problem?

Any advice is welcomed please

Thanks x

Hi all

Just looking for some advice. Today is my 11th day on Cambridge Diet and I am suffering. Since yesterday I have had awful stomach cramps after drinking my morning shake and water. An awful taste in my mouth that mints could not even get rid of and feeling like I was either going to throw up or let it all out the other end (sorry). Neither happened so I sat in work all day close to tears with a very bloated belly. I managed to drink half of my second shake but did not have my third one and could not drink water either as I just felt to sick. I had no SS+ dinner when I got in as well. The only thing that managed to keep me sane was a sip of diet coke. I spoke with my Cambridge lady and she was confused as to why I feel like this. I have done cambridge before and never felt like this ever. This morning I woke up feeling a bit better 2 cups of peppermint tea before leaving the house, however, got to work made my shake and I have been doubled up in pain ever since water is also doing the same. Shake remains unfinished on my desk. I am so confused dont know what is going on I feel really rough. I have not been toilet for the last 2 days could this be the problem?

Thanks x

Stephy - Thank god it's not just me

Two days now same feelings as you, been googling and searching for any reason, my consultant has noted that I am down on my water intake and without grossing you out too much there's a slow down in the bowel department, she instructed me to up my water intake (not easy when you feel bloated and nauseous) and to also take an Actimel FAT FREE plain bacteria drink as she had the same problem when she was a few weeks into her original diet programme. They're on offer in Sainsburys a pack of 12 is £3 - I got some this morning and managed to drink this, however you can only have the plain fat free version which wont knock you out of ketosis.

Here's hoping for an improvement - she says swallowing another ibuprofen :(

Miss_stephy83 said:
Hi all

Thanks x

Is there any chance you have drank an out of date shake? I did with a tetra 2 yrs ago and got bacterial gastroenteritis!! Xxx

The bad taste in your mouth is "ketosis mouth" it's horrid. Mouth spray and mouthwash regularly!! Sounds like you are badly constipated. Would explain the cramps and sicky feeling. Up your water intake and take some fibrogel xx

Back