Awful week!!!

fatpossum

Silver Member
I have just had (or, I should say, AM HAVING) the most awful week.

On Monday, my car failed the MOT and I had to fork out £200 + to get it through. Then I had to pay £99 to tax it (could only afford to do it for 6 months because of the MOT cost).

Later in the day my dog was unwell so I took it to the vet and that cost me £38.00

On Tuesday, the dog was still not well so went back to the vet and that cost £5.00

Today I was at the vets again and left behind £240!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the dog is home but still suffering the effects of the anaesthetic. But because she has been starved since yesterday lunch time she is ravenous. An appetite is good - only problem is that the reason we needed the vet is that she had a "blocked rectum" (the term used by them, not me) so the operation involved an "clearance". Now anyone who has ever enjoyed the joys of an enema can begin to catch my drift .............. hungry dog (which I was advised to feed by vet), still under effects of anaesthetic, just undergone doggy equivalent of a colonic irrigation and you get my picture ..................................

So when I say 'my life is s*** I mean it in more ways than one!!!!!

And to cap it all my husband who was at work all day came in and went straight back out for a drink with his friend. 'Bitter and twisted' doesn't begin to describe my psyche at this moment in time.

BUT ............................

I have stuck to my diet and have not acted on my unbelievable levels of stress. I must say I am drinking a lot of coffee but even that is decaf.

Do CD give out medals for the "Dieting Through A Crisis" because if they do I want to nominate ME!!

Cd medals! you'd certainly qualifyin my book.
re dog & H. Have you thouugh of swapping their suppers around?

I'd definately nominate you!! :grouphugg:

Georgie
x

Buy a lottery ticket. You've had such a dismal week that things have to pick up.

And on the other hand, all this fretting has probably burnt zillions of calories :D :D

Awww u poor thing.... things can only get better.

Cd medals! you'd certainly qualifyin my book.
re dog & H. Have you thouugh of swapping their suppers around?

:rotflmao:

I'm with you Jane - the OH's dinner would certainly have been in the dog...!!!

FP - Really hope you're having a much better day today - I think it's your turn tonight to go out with friends for a drink..!!

H x

You have my award - :break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::):):p

You sound like you've had a really tough week, but well done for sticking to it :)

Hi Chaps,

Dog appears to be a little less "bound" today but thankfully she is also a little less "loose" (a little visualization needed, perhaps!!!!). Fingers crossed and incontinence pads in place (dog, not me!).

That's the good news and the not so good news is that today I have succummed to 5 Thorntons chocolates, a scone, most of a fairy cake, two cereal bars and two pieces of toast!!!!!!!!!!

I think that's binge over now and so long as I stop and do my 5 mile "route march" this evening (what my husband calls my evening walk) I should be okay though ketosis is well out of the window.

But I am chilled - period due tomorrow I hope (though that it all over the shop at the moment) so that will help. Still wearing size 10 so all is not lost!!

So, in brief, thanks to all who "nominated" me for the 'Diet Through a Crisis' award but today I must hand it back. Anyone else want it ................... for a few hours?!

I have just had (or, I should say, AM HAVING) the most awful week.

On Monday, my car failed the MOT and I had to fork out £200 + to get it through. Then I had to pay £99 to tax it (could only afford to do it for 6 months because of the MOT cost).

Later in the day my dog was unwell so I took it to the vet and that cost me £38.00

On Tuesday, the dog was still not well so went back to the vet and that cost £5.00

Today I was at the vets again and left behind £240!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the dog is home but still suffering the effects of the anaesthetic. But because she has been starved since yesterday lunch time she is ravenous. An appetite is good - only problem is that the reason we needed the vet is that she had a "blocked rectum" (the term used by them, not me) so the operation involved an "clearance". Now anyone who has ever enjoyed the joys of an enema can begin to catch my drift .............. hungry dog (which I was advised to feed by vet), still under effects of anaesthetic, just undergone doggy equivalent of a colonic irrigation and you get my picture ..................................

So when I say 'my life is s*** I mean it in more ways than one!!!!!

And to cap it all my husband who was at work all day came in and went straight back out for a drink with his friend. 'Bitter and twisted' doesn't begin to describe my psyche at this moment in time.

BUT ............................

I have stuck to my diet and have not acted on my unbelievable levels of stress. I must say I am drinking a lot of coffee but even that is decaf.

Do CD give out medals for the "Dieting Through A Crisis" because if they do I want to nominate ME!!

Awww bless ya hun....

4mmux75.gif

My car failed it's MOT over £500 to repair, car not worth that. So at the moment i' carless:mad: & having to walk everywhere :eek:..

Well done for sticking with CD & staying strong you've done amazingly well, don't worry about todays blip it's understandable!!!...
4yqpdvc.gif

Keep your chin up it can only get better....xxx

Ooooooooooooooooooooh thank you soooooooooo much for the lovely support Angel but as you will see from my last post, I have to give back all awards and reject all accolades having fallen from grace big time today!!

But ............ yesterday I did deserve it and no doubt I will again.

I'm just off to a 45 minute Spinning class and I intend to walk to and from the gym ............ when I get home I shall give myself 20 lashes with the cat 'o' nine tails and shower under ice cold water!!

Thanks again :wave_cry:

Back