Awful week

ROSB

Hi Guys

had a truly awful week this week as my dear Father-In-Law was taken ill on Tuesday and passed away on Thursday. He had been in respite care but was due home yesterday as I had taken 6 months off work to help care for him - its all been such a shock.

Foodwise I have not eaten proper food although at times I did think I should have eaten as thats 'what I do' in stressful times but to be honest for a couple of days I only had 2 packs per day as couldnt face having anything, also havent had my usual water quota either.

Trying to get back ontrack re packs & water and will see if I have lost anything this week when I weigh in tomorrow night.

It makes me even more determined to lose the rest of my weight as he would have been pleased to see me looking better.

So sorry to hear about your father in law :( ((hugs)) x

So sorry to hear your bad news!! Keep at the weight loss! Get back on track with the packs and water!!
L xx

Oh ROSB I am so sorry for you. Indeed must have been such a shock and with all your plans made as well.
Just be kind to yourself but that doesn't mean food as that isn't being so but the opposite.
I really hope that you've lost weight this week and do admire your determination.
Go for those packs and the water, so important to safeguard your health now. Big hugs to you.

I am very sorry to hear about your father in law. it is always such a shock when someone passes away especially if we have made plans which involve them. You are left feeling like "what do I do now?". The grief doesn't really start straight away until the shock has worn off.
It is definitely a time to look after yourself and your family and to take each day as it comes. Sticking to a diet is the last thing on your mind - so try not to give it a second thought for now.

But when the time comes use this sad time as an inspiration. My Mum died a couple of years ago from lung cancer. I don't smoke but I saw in her that her health was not good in general. Aside from the smoking, she also ate poorly and even in her last two weeks of life she complained about being fat...for me this was incredibly sad. She had left it too late to do anything about it and I was determined not to let that happen to me.

We can take inspiration from awful things that happen and in time we know that the person we have lost would never want us to suffer in the way they did. Looking after our health is the best thing we can do your ourselves and our family. Live a good and healthy life - your Dad in law would have wanted it that way.

Back