Baby or diet?? help!

brooksy

Hi there guys, my hubby and I have kept talking about trying for another baby and he would like to get started! I have lost 2 stone so far on the CD and have another stone to go.....problem is do I stay commited to the diet or start trying for a baby and keep doing it until if and when I get preg?!! Is it worth putting off my family for this diet? Any opinions grateley:) received! lol I am confused!:confused:

Hi Brooksy
I'm in same position, but only just started CD so have 7 stone to lose!
My grand plan is to lose 5 stone and then start trying, staying on CD until get pregnant. As my helpful sister pointed out I'm not getting any younger and could take ages to get pregnant - don't you love sisters.

Whatever you decide you should certainly keep practising!!.
Emma X

Firstly well done for loosing 2 stones. You must be so pleased.... and only 1 more to go.

I've just turned 40 and if I'm gonna have another baby its kinda now or never. Was very overweight when I fell pregnant with my 3 kids -maybe 10 lbs lighter than I am now.

As much as I would love to complete my family I really want to be around to see the kids I already have grow up!! I'm determined to loose a great deal of weight before trying for a baby. At my age I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

I guess you might as well stay on CD and carry on loosing and stop as soon as you find out you are expecting. What have you got to loose eh?? If I was 12 lbs away from goal I'd definitely be trying..... heck if I was 50lbs from goal I'd probably give it a go!!!!!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do xx

If you are healthy enough to have a baby go for it. You've got a stone to lose. Who knows you may lose it all before you actually become pregnant. I have heard that being on a diet like CD makes one very "fertile" though.

Hi all....you are all right I should just go for it Bonzo I like you dont have time on my side as I am now 35 and I dont wana leave it to much longer! On the up side when I was preg with my son I lost over a stone in the first 5 months as I was sooooooooooo sick all the time! Its an extreme way to get tp goal tho! lol. I am just going to carry non with the diet and see what happens! I will keep this forum posted! Thanks everyone.xx

Back