Baby steriliser problem - anyone have this?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I have an avent electric steriliser, I washed all the bottles etc put them in the steriliser, switched it on & it's making a really bad crackling noise. The light won't come on either.

Has anyone had this? Should I just chuck it & buy a new one?

My babs is 5 months old do I still need to sterilise her bottles or would washing them with hot warm soapy water & making sure they are well rinsed be ok?

I don't want to go buy another one if it isn't necessary anymore..

Thanks

Hey Hun, u can jus wash them as usual and then put some hot water in and microwave them the steam sterilises them. I stopped sterilising and microwaving at 6 months. My son is 10 months now x hope that helps xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Hun, u can jus wash them as usual and then put some hot water in and microwave them the steam sterilises them. I stopped sterilising and microwaving at 6 months. My son is 10 months now x hope that helps xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks, I'll do that then as no point in buying another one for just a month or so.

We look after my cousin five days a week And when I broke his microwave bottle steamer I literally put them in the pan steamer (ones that ho over a boing pan of water) metal colander does the same trick too! Don't forget the lid :D

Back