Fresh start, again!

Trinalouise

Hi there,

I have logged on tonight, ready for my fresh start, before I head off to join my local slimming world club later this evening. I have been here before, more than once, but on logging in I saw something I didn't expect to find. A post, from almost one year ago, entitled: 'New year, new me.. again!'.

Now I know it is predictable to want to start a diet in the new year, but this has shown me how many times I have tried, and how easily I have given up.

So what is going to be different this time? I am going to try and write all the reasons below in the hope that it will inspire me in my first week and remind me in the hard times why I can't give up again.

1. It's about bloody time!!! I am 23 and have been over weight all my life and have never stuck at a diet or lost more than few pounds (which were quickly put back on!). I know I am still young, but I also know how quick time is passing. The longer I leave it, the older I will get, and I know this must get harder as you get older, I think?!

2. I am the biggest I have ever been! I don't know how big, my scales at home only go up to 20 stone, so I know I am more then that for sure. I will find out later tonight. If I am honest, I am scared to find out. I have been tempted to not look when they write the figure in the back of my new book. But if I don't face up to the reality of the problem, how am I ever going to overcome it!

3. I don't want to be a large, chubby bride. Now, I am getting ahead of myself here, I am not engaged yet! But I joke around with my boyfriend about it all the time and I feel it is coming soon. Maybe in the next year to 18 months. I don't want to wait until then to think about loosing weight. I can't imagine starting a diet and planning a wedding at the same time!! I love watching programs like 'Say yes to the dress' and dream of all the dresses they show. But then I remember, that right now, I can't wear any of them. Not if I want to feel comfortable any way!

4. I want to have children one day. My boyfriend has a hereditary condition that means that, in order to have the best chance of having a healthy baby, we need to have IVF. The government will pay for us to have 3 courses of treatment due to the rarity of my boyfriends condition, which is amazing, but comes with conditions, all that I have to meet. One of these conditions being that I must have a normal, healthy BMI, something that is currently unimaginable! Now, I am talking about something that will happen years down the line, but if I don't start trying now, I will never get to where I need to be.

4. I am scared. I am really now started to feel the effects that carrying all this extra weight is having on my poor body. I knees really ache when I walk down the stairs. My back has started to hurt if I bend down. I get so out of breath and tired way to easily. I could go on! I need to take care of myself and live a healthier life, and hopefully, if its not too late, repair all the damage I have done.

5. I would love to go clothes shopping! I am so fed up of having to buy clothes online because I don't fit into clothes at 'normal' shops. At size 26, I am extremely restricted to where I can shop. An unplanned night out its a nightmare! My friends can just pop into town and pick up a quick outfit for the night. Where as I have to pull out my old reliable dress, that I have more than over worn, and hope that no one notices! Also, plus size clothes cost more! I can't imagine how much more I could get if I could have a quick trip into Primark!

These are just a few reasons I can think of right now, I'm sure I have so many more, but I need to set of for group. Can't be late on my first day!

If any one wants to follow me on my journey, and share theirs with me, I would really appreciate some making some new friends along the way!!

All the best,
Trina x

PS. If anyone would like to share their reasons with me, I would love to hear them!! If we share our reasons, I'm sure we can the motivation too!

Good luck Trina , don't be worried about your weight your choosing to change no body else you. From reading the above you have loads of benefits from loosing weight. Don't see it as a long journey take a stone at a time and just stick to it . The first week you will loose loads this will motivate you and keep you strong .

Just imagine two months from now you could be a stone and 1/2 lighter if not more.

Here to follow and support you if you struggle come on here everyone is a great help and we are all human

Great decision to have a good old restart. February is an excellent time and you have a ton of reasons to lose the weight. There is so much to eat on SW, no counting with the free food either so it's a real winner. I'm sure you and your BF will have lots of fun with new recipes and flavours.
Just take it 1lb at a time and set yourself little goals and give yourself rewards and incentives. I used to buy myself a new CD for every 7lb lost and I also put £1 in a jar for every 1lb lost. When I hit target weight I put the money towards some new clothes.

Remember to enjoy the journey, think of it as a fun thing and not a chore thing. Focus on the gazillion foods that you can have and not on the things that you need to restrict a little.:winner: Congratulations for making the decision to start. You are already a winner.

Welcome Trina! How did your class go last night?

You have so many good reasons for doing this, just keep these in the front of your mind and you'll do well!

My main reasons for joining SW (again!) now are to be a healthy, happy and good example to my nearly two year old and also for my health - increased risk of diabetes etc. Of course there is also the fact I want to be able to shop in 'normal' shops and wear clothes that I like, rather than what fits! I'm also terrified every time I fly in case the seatbelt won't fit me!

Good luck, look forward to following you!

Last edited:
Hi Trina, wellcome in! :D

You sound like you are very much in the right frame of mind to do this so I'm positive you will!

I think you should edit your post, make those 5 points bigger, bold and in a colour! That way you can keep referring back to it and remember why you are doing this.

Good luck, you got this! :D

Reading your post, I could have written it myself! It seems like we are quite similar in the things we want out of losing weight, so will be great to know how you get on. Good Luck!

Hi
I'm on a fresh start again ! I stopped following plan in April last year just felt so pressured not sure why as really enjoyed the food,I still cooked everything from scratch but have gained about 10lbs !
Now feeling excited getting back on track already this week I've made Thai curry, chicken keivs, herby meatballs tomorrow I'm going for crispy chilli chicken fakeaway !

Main reasons for me getting back in swing of things is family holiday in June and I don't want to be feeling I can't be on beach running around with my 3yr old and being able to sunbathe with my 13yr old and of course to be healthier for the future

Good luck Trina, I've been here before and failed many times BUT NOT THIS TIME! I'm also at the biggest I've ever been and it is true the older you get the harder it is I will be 35 in August and am determined to be smaller and healthier and stay that way. My joints are bad from all the extra weight (I'm assuming it's because of the weight) I suffer with bad back due from hurting it at work years ago but I know the weight doesn't help and my legs are bad some times i struggle to walk my little girl to school. I'm lucky enough to have two children and I really hope you will be lucky enough to achieve your goals in having them too. So after all that ramble I'm going to follow your journey and hope we can help each other stay motivated. Xxxx

Good luck Trina , don't be worried about your weight your choosing to change no body else you. From reading the above you have loads of benefits from loosing weight. Don't see it as a long journey take a stone at a time and just stick to it . The first week you will loose loads this will motivate you and keep you strong .

Just imagine two months from now you could be a stone and 1/2 lighter if not more.

Here to follow and support you if you struggle come on here everyone is a great help and we are all human

Thank you for your lovely comment! I did look at my weight on the scales, and as scary as it is, I am going to use it as motivation to never see that number again!

Thank you for the support and I hope you are having a good week! :)

Trina x

Great decision to have a good old restart. February is an excellent time and you have a ton of reasons to lose the weight. There is so much to eat on SW, no counting with the free food either so it's a real winner. I'm sure you and your BF will have lots of fun with new recipes and flavours.
Just take it 1lb at a time and set yourself little goals and give yourself rewards and incentives. I used to buy myself a new CD for every 7lb lost and I also put £1 in a jar for every 1lb lost. When I hit target weight I put the money towards some new clothes.

Remember to enjoy the journey, think of it as a fun thing and not a chore thing. Focus on the gazillion foods that you can have and not on the things that you need to restrict a little.:winner: Congratulations for making the decision to start. You are already a winner.

I love the £1 jar idea! Little treats do really help! I might have to give this a go and see how much I can save :)

Congratulations on hitting your target!

Trina x

Welcome Trina! How did your class go last night?

You have so many good reasons for doing this, just keep these in the front of your mind and you'll do well!

My main reasons for joining SW (again!) now are to be a healthy, happy and good example to my nearly two year old and also for my health - increased risk of diabetes etc. Of course there is also the fact I want to be able to shop in 'normal' shops and wear clothes that I like, rather than what fits! I'm also terrified every time I fly in case the seatbelt won't fit me!

Good luck, look forward to following you!

Hi Annie33!

Class went really well actually! I am really looking forward to going again this week and getting the chance to speak with some of the members. They seem like a really open and honest group who support each other, which is lovely!

Great reasons for joining, I should have mentioned to be happy too!

Flying is terrifying isn't it! I have to admit, at the moment I do have to ask for the seat belt extender, and it is so embarrassing! Maybe that should be one of my goals! To be able to use the normal seat belt next time I fly, when ever that will be!

I will be following your journey too :)

Hope you have a good week!

Trina x

Hi Trina, wellcome in! :D

You sound like you are very much in the right frame of mind to do this so I'm positive you will!

I think you should edit your post, make those 5 points bigger, bold and in a colour! That way you can keep referring back to it and remember why you are doing this.

Good luck, you got this! :D

Thank you for the welcome!!

Great idea! I think I might print the list in big bold colours and put it on my fridge! That way it will remind me when ever I go to eat something I shouldn't.

I hope you are having a good week :)

Trina x

Reading your post, I could have written it myself! It seems like we are quite similar in the things we want out of losing weight, so will be great to know how you get on. Good Luck!

Great that we have similar reasons! We can share our journeys and support each other along the way :)

Best of luck to you too!! I hope your week is going well.

Trina x

Hi
I'm on a fresh start again ! I stopped following plan in April last year just felt so pressured not sure why as really enjoyed the food,I still cooked everything from scratch but have gained about 10lbs !
Now feeling excited getting back on track already this week I've made Thai curry, chicken keivs, herby meatballs tomorrow I'm going for crispy chilli chicken fakeaway !

Main reasons for me getting back in swing of things is family holiday in June and I don't want to be feeling I can't be on beach running around with my 3yr old and being able to sunbathe with my 13yr old and of course to be healthier for the future

Pressure is so hard! It can be really difficult for friends and family to get the right balance of support and encouragement and accidently putting too much pressure on you. Hopefully this site can help with this, somewhere to share and rant when it gets too much!

I wouldn't worry about the 10lbs, cause now your getting back to it, I am sure you will loose it again in no time!

Your holiday is great motivation! Imagine how good you are going to feel on the beach when you have been on plan for a few month! (maybe I need to plan a holiday for the motivation! ha)

Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Trina x

PS. How did the crispy chilli chicken go? Yum!

Good luck Trina, I've been here before and failed many times BUT NOT THIS TIME! I'm also at the biggest I've ever been and it is true the older you get the harder it is I will be 35 in August and am determined to be smaller and healthier and stay that way. My joints are bad from all the extra weight (I'm assuming it's because of the weight) I suffer with bad back due from hurting it at work years ago but I know the weight doesn't help and my legs are bad some times i struggle to walk my little girl to school. I'm lucky enough to have two children and I really hope you will be lucky enough to achieve your goals in having them too. So after all that ramble I'm going to follow your journey and hope we can help each other stay motivated. Xxxx

I too am the biggest I have ever been, but at least we know we will never be this big again!

Thank you for your kind words. It does scare me that if I don't fix things, we might not be able to have our own children. But all the more reason to work hard!

I know all about the pains you describe, they seem to be worse for me now than they have ever been! But I can't wait to notice the difference as I start to loose the weight, as I am sure you feel too!

I cant wait to hear how you are getting on!

Trina x

I too am the biggest I have ever been, but at least we know we will never be this big again!

Thank you for your kind words. It does scare me that if I don't fix things, we might not be able to have our own children. But all the more reason to work hard!

I know all about the pains you describe, they seem to be worse for me now than they have ever been! But I can't wait to notice the difference as I start to loose the weight, as I am sure you feel too!

I cant wait to hear how you are getting on!

Trina x

I look forward to seeing your progress and how you're feeling when you start to lose. Xxx

Hi all!

So, first week and first weigh in done!

I am very happy with what I saw on the scales, I have lost 5 and a half pounds this week!

This result was quite unexpected if I am honest! I didn't have the best of weeks. I was completely off plan on Friday. We are currently buying a house and had some problems come up with our mortgage. We were going out for my friends birthday that night and I had planned exactly what I was going to eat to stay on plan, but with the stress, the plan went straight out of the window!

I've also not been very good at recording everything I eat. I write down all the meals, but I pick a lot, and I don't add that. So I had thought with both of these issues I wouldn't have lost any weight this week, but I am presently surprised!

If I look back I think what might have saved me has been the meals I have been cooking. I hate portion control! So I make sure that any meal I cook is as free as possible so that I don't have to worry about how much I eat. I think I am going to continue trying to do this as it means I can save my syns for the all the treats I fancy each day!

So, very happy with my first weeks result, and trying to use that as motivation to work even harder this week!

How is everyone else doing?

Trina x

Well done you! I weigh in tomorrow and I'm nervous I had a bad day Tuesday but the rest of the week I've been on plan so fingers crossed!!!! Xxx

Back