Back again and past regrets :(

floss

Hello everyone,

I was active on this forum for a very short time about 6 weeks ago. I started a diary, and then I went to uni and my healthy new leaf went out the window. My binging reached new heights and the weight gain, depression, guilt and self loathing from that has gotten unbearable.

I'd like to delete my diary so I can start afresh but I can't figure out how, any ideas?. Also, id love any advice on getting past my own mind. I cant stop thinking about where id be now if Id just kept going. I know that it was the stress of everything happening so quickly that caused me to fail but I just cant forgive myself. Iv been horribly ill which im sure has been made worse by all the crap iv been eating and my depression has been made worse as well. I just want a fresh start but I cant get past all this. I want more than anything to lose this weight for good and be healthy but I just can't seem to let myself. I dont even want to see my boyfriend because im scared of what he will think of me.

I guess im just looking for some support :( x

please dont be hsrd on yourself. you have realised you made a mistake and are yrying to put it right. dont delete your old thread just carry it on. as for your boyfriend well i am sure he will be understanding. good luck ok keep strong x x

Oh Floss, don't feel so unhappy with yourself dear! We all have hiccups along the way, the main.thing is that you have regained your urge to get back on track and start afresh! So stop berating yourself for "failing", you haven't failed at all, its just a blip. Give yourself a pat on the back for getting focussed again!!

As for the boyf, if he's worth it he won't be bothered about a couple of lbs. Chances are, he won't even notice anyway, most men don't seem as observant with that kind of thing!

If you want a diary deleted, stick a post in the "forum technical support" bit of the site, and a moderator will see to it.

Good luck! Is today your first back on track day? You can do it x

Ps - I have recently started a book, its not heaps of reading, it really isn't, easily fit it in with about 30 minutes a day. It's the Beck Diet Solution, and its been an amazing help for my head... really recommend it x

Draw a line under it and move on.
You cant change the past, you cant mould the future - you just need to work on the present time.
Focus on one mouthful at a time.

I used to think a lot about where I would've been had I stuck to my diet first time, in September I hoped I'd gotten back to a diet during holiday, I wouldn't have gained so much for my last year of uni, in January I hope'd I'd started a diet before winter, I'd be good for spring. Until I realised that in a few months time I'll be thinking I hoped I started it before summer, and after I'll hope I started it and finished by 2013.

I'm disappointed at the progress I lost. But once I started dieting again, just one week in and am looking forward to the results rather than worrying about what time I lost. I find it more motivating thinking that by the end of this year, rather than thinking I wish I had, I'll be happy that I've done.

And about the boyfriend, I too worry a lot that he'll lose interest, that my looks will not be up to par anymore. But he always says am still the most beautiful girl he's ever seen, and I always will be regardless of weight, because he loves me for me, not just my looks. Even that he likes girls with a bit of meat, but I think he's just trying to make me feel better about myself.

That always makes me less depressed about my weight, so you never know you might be worried for nothing. He might not notice, not care or even like it. And if he can't handle it he's probably not worth it. Just sharing my views on it.

Back