Back again!

k-nine

Hi all,
I am a serial returner :eek:. I lost about 1.5 stones at the end of 2007, kept most of it off for a while and then gradually put it all back on. I have tried to restart several times but couldn't even make it through the first week. I am now on day 3, using packs I had left over. I intend to do it this time :D. My change of mindset is to focus on where I want to be, not where I am now and don't want to be and I have set a hard target for myself as this is where I truly want to be.

I have a planned 3 day hiccup at the end of September as I have a very big birthday coming up and I am being whisked away to somewhere fab by my hubbie. Other than that, want to keep going until Christmas.

I haven't seen many familiar faces on here so far, but looking forward to getting to know you all.

Jools

Hi Jools and welcome back (though I wasn't here your first time round). It's good that you only have 40lbs to lose - you CAN do it! Good luck hon x p.s. Where in Surrey are you?

Thanks Lexy. I live in Staines (ok Middlesex postcode - but technically doesn't exist anymore), but I know Godalming well. If I lose as much as you have, I'll be a happy bunny, as I haven't been that low for many many years.
Jools

I love living in Godalming :D I really want to get to between 10 and 10.7 as the lowest I have been as an adult is 10.10 :D

We CAN do this! Good luck Jools xx

Welcome back Jools, although I'm fairly new here myself. You can do it......just keep up with CD and you'll be there before you know it! This is such a great forum and if you check in most days it ought to keep you motivated:)

Welcome back and good luck!! x x

Hi Jools and welcome back! Loving your dog! You can do it this time. It's all about having the right mindset.
This forum should really help. I didn't have it last time and this time round it's been invaluable. Good luck hunnie x

Hi Jools, I am on day 3 of a restart myself (after a few weeks of really muckinh about)and have the headache to prove it! Best wishes for your week one weigh in.

hey jools, i remember you from my stint here previously in 2007/2008
im coming to the end of week 2 of my restart, you'll be here in no time

Good Luck Jools. I am new-ish to this site, having joined 3 weeks ago but loving all the great support. Hope that you achieve your intended weight loss.

hi i am also returning and on day 3
wanted to wish you lots of luck
kaz x

Hi all,
Thank you for the welcome. To be honest, I haven't been sticking to it, so maybe the cambridge really isn't for me. But the weight is coming off - so I'll see what happens if I just cut the carbs.
Jools

welcome back x I haven't been here long myself but look forward to getting to know you any everyone else too.

What I've learned from constant tries, and restarts, is that dieting is all in your head. There's no point lurching from diet to diet if your head is not in the right place. We've all been there and done that. I'm convinced that any diet will work if you're in the right place in your head to deal with the issues you have with food and eating.

I was also here in 2007 and I lost over 3 stone, but then fell off the wagon and after 1.5 years I'm back again, and back on the Cambridge Diet, this time almost a stone heavier than I started last time, so I now have 4 stone to go to my previous weight. But this time I have got to day 8 of my restart relatively easily and it is because my head is in the right place. I am strong. I am questioning myself. I am thinking of the now, the tomorrow and the future. Do I really want a piece of bread/slice of cheese/taste of Paul's dinner/fried egg/chocolate bar (delete as applicable) because I'm hungry and would it be appropriate to eat it? No, I want it because I'm addicted to food, and I handle it like I handle any addiction. Distraction. Time limits. If I still want it in 20 minutes I can have it. I don't want it in 20 minutes, my rational brain has kicked in.

If your head isn't there darling then you won't be able to stick to any diet. I don't know what's changed for me. Age? Desperation? Happiness? I feel more fulfilled in my life currently, I have a lovely partner and a good job, and a lovely flat. Maybe I subconsciously accept that I'm a half decent person now and I can treat myself well? I don't know.

Good luck, I think you have quite a journey ahead. A voyage of discovery perhaps!

Back