Back Again

soontobeslim2009

Well I first joined this forum back in 2009 and have been on and off diets ever since.

I haven't been on here for a very long time but I need to sort myself out.

I'm at an all time low and really hate myself, I really need to lose this weight but as I suffer with depression I am my own worst enemy as its food I turn to for comfort.

I feel that bad that I now hide away from the rest of the world, I have lost all my friends as I stopped going out because they all looked so fab and I just became the fat friend.

I can't wear the sort of clothes I would like to wear so I just stick to black trousers.

I know I am going down hill as I now go shopping at night hoping that I don't bump into anyone I know so they don't think blimey how much weight has she put on.

My weight is ruining my life and I need to get a hold of it before I withdraw all together.

I don't know where it came from but I plucked up the courage to walk into the local gym and have become a member, I'm just waiting for my induction before I can start

using it although I did ask them when was the time it was most empty. There is also a swimming pool but that is another hurdle I need to climb as I can't bear the thought of

someone I know seeing me in a swimming costume with all my fat, lumps, bumps and varicose vains hanging out on show for all to see.

I am also going to join ww on Wednesday so hopefully this will be the first and last time that I write such a depressing post.

I have weighed myself this morning and need to lose around six stones. So this is the start of a new and hopefully positive me. I will keep you all posted if you are interested

also It would be nice to buddy up with someone who feels the same as me so we can over come these huddles together.

I can honestly say that is exactly how I feel. I'm only 19 but I suffer with depression too cause of my weight and I used to be serverly bullied in school. I too find it very difficult to go out, and if I do I tend not to look at or talk to people, I find it hard to make eye contact with people. I joined slimming world, about 6 weeks ago and so far I have lost 13lbs and I feel somewhat better about myself, people have started to notice my weight loss and comment telling me I look good and since I have started to lose some weight I have gotten myself a boyfriend who loves me the way I am and makes me feel special. So each day there seems to be something new to get up for, and try that bit harder to lose the weight. I too have very little friends, two really close ones, but I rarely see them cause they have there own lifes and I throw myself into work too much to take my mind off stuff (not good for an overweight person to work in a kitchen tho), but I went out with one of these mates yesterday after not seeing her for like 7 or more weeks and she was saying how good I looked and it really made me smile :). As for the swimming, I have bad knees so swimming helps me, and me and my granddad used to go at least once a week, and I too am really aware of how I look, so I purposely wear a pair of shorts over the top of my swimming costume, it helps me be able to get in the pool, maybe this will help you? Point is I know exactly how you feel, and I wish you all the best in your weight loss.

I also feel the same i need to lose 43lbs and can never stick to it :( Eating at night is my worst habbit, sitting watching tv i feel i just need that chocolate bar and crisps. Ive a long way to go but feel confident this time. I hope you get to were you want to be, Good luck for your future and congrats on joining the gym its an amazing first step. im also doing ww but at home. Ww is amazing and feel its the only way that works for me to lose any weight. Again good luck i wish you well x

I know how you feel, I moved to a new area 18 months ago and still haven't made any friends really. I have joined SW to build my confidence, meet new people and ultimately loose weight. I think it helps if you set yourself little goals along the way that you know each one is a step to your ultimate goal

Back