Back! But feeling terribly confused & unsure!

Trefoil

Gold Member
Hello Everyone,

Slimming World have opened a new group just a two minute walk away from where I live so I'll be joining tomorrow.
Since I left in Jan ive put everything back on (and a bit more) but im 21 in August and I need to fit into a dress that I've just bought (its the 1970s one in the new M&S Advert that Dannii Minogue is wearing, white with purple flowers at the bottom).

Take it that it hasn't changed since I left- I'm really looking forward to it actually :) I just need to do it on a budget this time which I think I'll find a bit hard.
Not sure how much weight to lose either- I didnt get very far last time, I'd only joined for 2 months and lost 9 pounds in that time!

Feeling a bit flat because I threw my scales away so i don't know how much I weigh (and I don't know if I want to- I cried last time :( ) and i need a good kickstart to get myself going I think maybe 1.5-2.5 stone?!?!?! Im not sure if thats achieveable though!!
Ugh I have no idea- well confused :/
Help greatly needed :) Thanks!

Trefoil (or Ruth :) )
x

Hi Trefoil,

Once you have joined at your group tomorrow you will know your starting weight and your Consultant will be able to help you set your target weight too.

Once you get into the plan you will be fine and there is always Minimins to help you out.

Now come on and get into the right frame of mind its a really good plan and any loss is always a good loss.
Just think of yourself in that lovely dress.

There are lots of people on a budget on here too so you could try the recipes section loads of help and advice on there.

Good Luck and welcome aboard:happy096:

Hi Peggypig,

Thanks for the support, you're doing really well!!
Yes I need a good kick up the bum, I am feeling motivated and excited :)
All of my old ailments, bloating, tiredness, shortness of breath and my diabetes symptoms are getting stronger again and that CANNOT happen, so will definitely do my best! (in fact ill just do it full stop!)

I'll also check the recipe boards too :)

Thanks for the kindness once again!
Started the journey now- no turning back
*Dreaming of the lovely dress* :p

Ruth
x

Hi Ruth !!!

The positive about having thrown your scales away is that you really can not scale hop between SW weigh ins. That can only be good.

Of course you can do it on a budget. I am on a permanent budget lol and manage no problem.

Which days do you prefer. I prefer green and always find them so much cheaper to do............. all the pulses are reasonably priced and if you buy the fruit and veg that is the most economical and choose where you shop you can do it.

Just think you will look amazing on your 21st birthday in that lovely dress, I love it, brings memories flooding back.

We are all here to help you stick with it......

Welcome back !!!

Hi, firstly well done for going back to class and for throwing your scales away. Secondly, i'm getting used to doing sw better on a budget, there's some lovely recipes, and some nice baking recipes to, also have a good read through the website, you can come across some really cheap recipes on there.:D

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the support. I know that throwing the scales was definitely a good thing so I couldn't cheat during the week :)

maclynn- ill check out the recipe boards, thank you for the tip :) I Love baking and cooking so I can't wait to get started!!!

Fillymum- I saw when I did SW last time that lentils and pulses were cheaper, however I have some problems with my digestion and need to stay away from potatoes and other bits on green. Last time I mainly used EE with Red thrown in too because I love fish. However, this time Ill use green but find alternatives, like I saw a nice recipe for white rice with peppers, lemon juice, spring onions and garlic which sounds wonderful as a meal I could take to work.
My Consultant told me I did too many Red days last time but it was the only plan that really kept my digestion ok so this time ive stocked up on supplements and vitamins to help me along.

I have my first physiotherapy session today after an accident at work 1.5 years ago which was partly the cause of my weight gain! Very excited because the sooner I get my physiotherapy the sooner I can get back to exercising!

Will let you all know how I get on later!

Ruth
x

Enjoy your physio Ruth,

hugs xxx

Nice to see you back.;)

When you go to WI, mention that you don't want to see your weight & then when you get home, take a look then so if you do cry at least you'll be in your own surroundings.

I would agree with the above posts, there are lots of 'budget' threads on here, you're sure to be able to do SW on a budget. I'm saving every penny I can at the mo, but mine is for another holiday:rolleyes:

Hope all goes well at physio today.

I don't think I was on the boards before you left, so hello! And well done on coming back to the plan that you know to be easy, effective, budget friendly and healthy! Look forward to seeing your first loss to get you back on your way next week xxx

Hi Everyone,

First meeting last night was good. The group was actually launched last night so the consultant went through everything with all of us which was great and it was exactly what I needed!
I asked the consultant not to tell me my weight but she forgot and did- this is the heaviest i've been :/
It actually makes me tonnes more motivated to get back to how I was!

My physiotherapist told me that after my accident in which I dislocated my sacroiliac joint (the two little joints in the lower back above your bum!) my stomach and abs are incredibly weak as they're trying to protect my back! Shes putting me into the gym at the hospital and recommended a slimming club (thank goodness I was already going!!) to get me sorted. So its going to be a full lifestyle change all around!!!!!

So far ive had Ready Brek with 1 tbsp Golden Syrup, Cup of Tea, Cup of Coffee and 1 Apple (started work at 6:30am) but im feeling hungry which I don't normally! Got Heinz Ravioli (beef) for my lunch which if Ive read correctly is 2.5 syns for a 400g tin?! with Yogurt (that has exploded all over my bag :() and fruit. Having the mega stir fry recipe for tea off the SW website with a low fat jelly or 2 afterwards :)

After Work im off shopping to get a couple of bits and pieces- fruit and all sorts :) I think I need something for work and in the morning because im always hungry in the morning! However, I work in a Hotel so there is always the option of a proper Hotel Cooked Breakfast which I need to avoid!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas on easy filling foods that I can take to work? I dont have a microwave or anything!!! (I work in the Gym)

Cheers!

Ruth
x

Well done Ruth. It sounds as if you are really motivated.

I find a pasta salad is great for keeping me full and so easy to prepare for work. Sometimes I just make up a packet of Batchelors Tomato, Onion and Herb Pasta and add salad veg. to it.Very tasty.

Stick with it !!

Back