Back for my millionth restart...

Loser85

Gold Member
.... or so it feels anyways!

Tried to go back to a VLCD but just couldnt get into it at all. Too expensive to play around with too. Looks like im going to have to bite the bullet, pull up my big girls panties and stick it out with WW Discover. Thing is i get annoyed if i have a bad day and give up, need to learn to move on and focus on the week overall. I will get there but its going to take time.

Also my OH has a fasting blood test on Fri AM as it looks like he has diabetes. Things are starting to get serious weight wise.

*need to knuckle down*

Welcome back:)

I been messing around lately trying pp and thought about ccing but I keep coming back to discover. Hopefully this time I can stick with it.

Good luck
Dan x

Hi Loser85, i have a feeling we have 'spoke' before. I have messed around with slimming world, pro points, and scottish slimmers and always come back to discover. I really need to stick at this, like my other half says if i added together all the losses i have had (and then gained again + more) i would be well on my way to target. I hope your other half doesn't have diabetes and it is a false alarm. x

Good luck to you all. I'm the same, I always come back to this diet. It's worked well for me in the past but this time I have a goal in mind. Me and hubby are in need of ivf and all I need to do is lose 2st 10lb...easy eh lol....NOT!!!! x

This is the only real option for me too. I just keep going off the rails! Time to sort it out now ladies!

Really nice to see you back Loser x And you can do it Sarah, can't get a better reason than that to lose the weight for! X

Seems we are all in the same boat then! To be honest i actually feel better knowing its not just me :D

Dan we can do this, have faith!

Razzle i think we have chatted before you're right.

Sarah thats one hell of a reason to stay on track. A wee one at the end of it all.

Hules we will get there too!

Hi loser, i am also in the same boat as you. I have tried sw and ww pp in the last couple of years and have lost between 14-21lbs then got stuck, lost motivation and gave up.
I am going to join you all on vintage points on Monday.

Good luck everyone!!!!!

Yay! Join us, we need to do this together!
We are definitely all in the same boat!

At last! Ppl like me! Could of written this post myself. So, here I go, again, back to what I know, i know it works. I will do this! Discover here I come.....

Another Yay!! Welcome back to Vintage Sjr1969!

Just wondering how you're getting on hun?

Im struggling Hules :(

In relation to your reply in the other post i binge on whatever is there at the time. Could be my daughters snack biccies for school (feel horrible for this but at the time it doesnt seem to matter) My OH wonders why we have to keep buying more as shes not a massive eater. Also my OH's pack up bars too or crisps. Tried turning to fruit when i binge but i end up vomiting or with toilet troubles.

I tried asking the doc for help once but she wasnt interested. Just basically said the less i eat the better and the binging will take care of itself. 4 years on and im still doing it. Seems to come in stages though. At my heaviest in 2009 i weighed 23st10lbs and started SF. Lost 2 stone but as soon as i hit 2st the binging started. Then last year losing 3.7 stone with Exante same thing happened. Seems i cant deal with or come to terms with losing weight on some sort of level. Is my brain trying to grab everything i can? Like some strange deprivation reaction?

Sorry if im waffling, just trying to get my head round all this :(

Im struggling Hules :(

In relation to your reply in the other post i binge on whatever is there at the time. Could be my daughters snack biccies for school (feel horrible for this but at the time it doesnt seem to matter) My OH wonders why we have to keep buying more as shes not a massive eater. Also my OH's pack up bars too or crisps. Tried turning to fruit when i binge but i end up vomiting or with toilet troubles.

I tried asking the doc for help once but she wasnt interested. Just basically said the less i eat the better and the binging will take care of itself. 4 years on and im still doing it. Seems to come in stages though. At my heaviest in 2009 i weighed 23st10lbs and started SF. Lost 2 stone but as soon as i hit 2st the binging started. Then last year losing 3.7 stone with Exante same thing happened. Seems i cant deal with or come to terms with losing weight on some sort of level. Is my brain trying to grab everything i can? Like some strange deprivation reaction?

Sorry if im waffling, just trying to get my head round all this :(

I do that too, crisps are totally unsafe in the cupboard, I often replace the multipack I'd bought for the kids lunches. I think you need snacks that are just yours. Also I'm okay with the kids snacks as I don't eat choc so I just make sure they are chocolaty. My portion at the moment ifs cheese, I could just eat (and do) slab after slab. We've got grated at the moment which is helping as its hard to hold as much in a pinch. My son loves it so I couldn't just not buy it like I did when I wwd pre kids.

I think the doc was out of order, she had no right to dismiss you like that. If it was that easy we'd all be super skinny and you wouldn't be plucking up the courage to ask for help! Out of order :mad: Why don't you try talking to another doc? In my practice I have my usual doc but see others for different things.

Could we try to work out a menu plan, including nice snacks so you don't feel deprived? That's the good thing about ww. Happy to have a go. Maybe you could track all you eat and we could offer some suggestions to help stick to your allowance?

Don't give up hun. We just need to stay switched on and with the support of everyone here we can do it!

Last edited:
My OH has suggested putting my daughters snacky bits out of my reach. He'd bring down as much as she'll need for the day and no more. Also taking on board your soup idea, have an asda delivery coming tomorrow night full of veg and stock cubes for a yummy filling 0p soup. If i get a craving i'll have a mug and go from there.

To be honest im actually afraid to go back to the docs with regard to the binging. They have the ability to make me feel like im wasting their time. Also if i can beat this myself this time then i'll know what to do in future. I'll put my food diary up at the end of this week and then will welcome any hints and tips.

I have to do this!

My OH has suggested putting my daughters snacky bits out of my reach. He'd bring down as much as she'll need for the day and no more. Also taking on board your soup idea, have an asda delivery coming tomorrow night full of veg and stock cubes for a yummy filling 0p soup. If i get a craving i'll have a mug and go from there.

To be honest im actually afraid to go back to the docs with regard to the binging. They have the ability to make me feel like im wasting their time. Also if i can beat this myself this time then i'll know what to do in future. I'll put my food diary up at the end of this week and then will welcome any hints and tips.

I have to do this!

You will! X yep put your diary up, though I really think just as soon as you follow it for the first week you'll feel much much better x x you'll show your doc!

So what's the plan? Are you back on today? It's a good idea about the snacks and definitely do the soup, this will mean you always have something to eat and keep you topped up.

Yeah back on today although i've woken up with a really sore side. Feels like a pulled muscle but all i've been doing is sleeping!

I'm writing everything down in a wee notebook so will copy it out end of the week for you views etc.

Thought i'd update you RE my OH's diabetes test. It came back borderline so no immediate action needed but because of his family history he needs to see a doc in a month or so and tell them about testing etc. So okish news on that front.

Also hes a contract draughtsman and only ever gets 6 months guaranteed work at a time. This 6 month block is due up at the end of July. Thing hes had a bit of time off to help me due to bad health etc. Im worried he'll be out of work soon as his semi boss wants a word Re attendance this AM. Feel guilty as hell, like i could've ruined this for him. Fingers crossed its ok news i guess.

Great news about the diabetes, this is a chance to get things started food wise then. Making some positive changes now will make a real difference in a month. As for your hubby being off to support you there's nothing you could have done about that then. My hub has to do the same if I've got a migraine etc. That's just the way it is in families, you would do the same if roles were reversed. You're about to do something to help some of your health issues right? So hopefully thing will improve soon xx Fingers crossed for your hubby's meeting though xx

You can do it today honey xxxx

Oh yes most of my health issues would drop right down with the weight off. Or at least become more manageable.

I would do the same for him you're right but i think the guilt will always be there.

It seems hes finally starting to realise his weight is causing him some issues too. The thought of injecting insulin has him scared so im hoping its the kick up the backside he needs as well. We seem to be each others arch nemesis when it comes to dieting.

Will update once i know of the meetings outcome.

How did it go honey?

Back